"Today Only: 20% off Everything"

ebay is giving 20% off to buyers on purchases of $25.00US or more.

But, it is on all my listings even those of  14.99CDN,  19.99CDN etc.

So, are there going to be some disappointed buyers should I have any sales today.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: "Today Only: 20% off Everything"

So catch me up here please. If a buyer uses the 20% off coupon to make a purchase on qualifying item(s) from me, Ebay forwards me the difference? I don't recall anyone ever uses a coupon  to purchase from me in the past so unfamiliar with the process.

-CM

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

My guess is that yes, you the seller get the full amount, the buyer gets 20% off and ebay is absorbing the difference.

I just don't understand why it is showing on my listings that are below $25.00us.  These are on the ebay.ca site.  Also why not show Canadian dollars since it is on .ca.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

DETAILS:

How to redeem your Coupon

1.Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions.)

2.Pay for your item with by 11PM Eastern Time on March 9, 2018

3.Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PSPRING20

Terms & Conditions

The Coupon is a 20% discount, valid from 11:00AM ET on March 9, 2018 until 11:00PM ET on March 9, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible item(s) of US $25 or more and will be capped at a value of US $100. Only eBay members registered with an address located in the United States or Canada are eligible for the Coupon. Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. Coupon can be used once within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to Canadian and laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

So catch me up here please. If a buyer uses the 20% off coupon to make a purchase on qualifying item(s) from me, Ebay forwards me the difference? I don't recall anyone ever uses a coupon  to purchase from me in the past so unfamiliar with the process.

-CM

You would not notice the difference, as a seller. You'll receive the full amount in payment as you would for a buyer not using a coupon. Coupon use is completely invisible to sellers slight_smile

For those wondering about seeing a coupon reminder on items costing less than $25, it's there because the $25 minimum applies to the total cost of the buyer's cart, not a single item. So they can add $25 worth of items to their cart and receive the discount.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

To clarify, the total of the items (not including any shipping costs) has to be $25 USD. I was playing around with items in my cart earlier and even though the total order was over $25 USD with shipping, the combined cost of the items was under and the coupon wouldn't work.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:

To clarify, the total of the items (not including any shipping costs) has to be $25 USD. I was playing around with items in my cart earlier and even though the total order was over $25 USD with shipping, the combined cost of the items was under and the coupon wouldn't work.

Yes. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Coupon does work when applied via the cart. Was worried when signing into paypal and the sign-in showed the full price, but that was adjusted when I past that to the discounted value.

This coupon changed a good deal just above my budget to a great deal under my budget limit.

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@happy_pigeonwrote:
@lotzofuniquegoodieswrote:

-CM

You would not notice the difference, as a seller. You'll receive the full amount in payment as you would for a buyer not using a coupon. Coupon use is completely invisible to sellers slight_smile

For those wondering about seeing a coupon reminder on items costing less than $25, it's there because the $25 minimum applies to the total cost of the buyer's cart, not a single item. So they can add $25 worth of items to their cart and receive the discount.

There was a promotion like this several months back which resulted in the sale of a $100 plus item of mine. If I remember correctly that one was a straight $15 off rather than a percentage discount. 

Promos like this one might be a better use of ebay's marketing dollars than the uninspiring 10 second tv ads.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Promo must work, I had 3 sales already today, which is unusual for me on a Friday workday.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for clarifying. Appreciated. New one on me!!

-CM
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

We advertised today's event at TTC stops in Toronto as well, in addition to on the site/social media/emails for those who are subscribed. Hope everyone gets a nice sale or two because of it!

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

There are eBay Canada TV ads?

Anyone got a copy?

I don't watch much TV now that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season Three is over.

And Mayor got cancelled. And Designated Survivor (hate-watch) is on at weird hours here on the Left Coast. At least Young Sheldon is on when I am thinking TV.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I do not want potential buyers to think this is my choice... and that the discount could be there at some time in the future.... as my discount....

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I do not want potential buyers to think this is my choice... and that the discount could be there at some time in the future....

as my discount....

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

A double dose by ... accident

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

reallynicestamps wrote:
There are eBay Canada TV ads?
Anyone got a copy?

Yes... they are short, 10 seconds or so in length and are instantly forgettable. There is just one version with a puzzling hook line... something about getting a dose of ebay colour... a reference to the logo.
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Thank you posting that.  It worked for me.  I wonder if it works for multiple ids?

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

eddien09
Community Member
Be aware though:
Going back to not using ebay, but the opposition - my cart got separated into two and the coupon got applied to the smaller amount because of "currency". Spend slightly more than an hour on the phone dealing with that and even the supervisor said that they can do nothing.
In other news, she sounded quite tired on the phone, so I would think that more people are having my kind of ebay day. My spending has been 5 (amazon) : 1 (ebay) in the last years - ebay is not going to get much more of my hard earned money after this.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@eddien09wrote:
... - my cart got separated into two and the coupon got applied to the smaller amount because of "currency". Spend slightly more than an hour on the phone dealing with that and even the supervisor said that they can do nothing.

No great surprise there. You wouldn't be able to apply a similar coupon over on the A-river either if 2 different currencies are involved.

Still, this something the fine print should spell out in detail as "a single transaction (or cart)" does not provide enough information for the casual buyer using a cart to know that items must use the same currency to be treated as a single transaction.

-..-

Message 20 of 20
latest reply