wHY CANT I LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, THERES NO OPTION FOR NEGATIVE, WHATS THE POINT

NO OPTION FOR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. JUST POSITIVE, REPORT A PROBLEM & ILL LEAVE FEEDBACK LATER. WHATS THE POINT IF I CANT LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR NON PAYMENT

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

wHY CANT I LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, THERES NO OPTION FOR NEGATIVE, WHATS THE POINT

You have to ask why one part of a transaction shouldn't be placed at a disadvantage?

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

@dark_phoenix9273 wrote:

You have to ask why one part of a transaction shouldn't be placed at a disadvantage?

Yes I have to ask.....can you formulate an answer for me and help me understand?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Sure I'll give it a go, although there really is only so many small words...

Because we aren't running a charity here and giving away free stuff.  The current way Ebay has their system set up a buyer can scam a seller easily, and sellers only protection is using tracking which is still not a garauntee and raises up shipping costs to the point where they lose buyers. 

If if you try to defend yourself, a buyer can leave you a neg out of spite and nothing can be done about it.

If a buyer tries to scam a seller, then that seller should have a right to leave a negative feedback.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@dark_phoenix9273 wrote:

Sure I'll give it a go, although there really is only so many small words...

Because we aren't running a charity here and giving away free stuff.  The current way Ebay has their system set up a buyer can scam a seller easily, and sellers only protection is using tracking which is still not a garauntee and raises up shipping costs to the point where they lose buyers. 

If if you try to defend yourself, a buyer can leave you a neg out of spite and nothing can be done about it.

If a buyer tries to scam a seller, then that seller should have a right to leave a negative feedback.

If a buyer leaves a negative out of spite (or any reason) how would giving sellers the ability to give a retaliatory neg prevent that from happening?

If a buyer were to scam a seller (more like if a seller allows a buyer to scam them) how would leaving a neg after the fact prevent that scam?

Oh by the way, this thread has nothing to do with the use of tracking.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Im not saying it would prevent it, but it would put both sides on a fair and level playing field.

And actually it does, because tracking is a very costly feature that is the only way sellers can protect themselves.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@dark_phoenix9273 wrote:

Im not saying it would prevent it, but it would put both sides on a fair and level playing field.

And actually it does, because tracking is a very costly feature that is the only way sellers can protect themselves.

That is false. I protect myself with great pictures, great description, active communication with customers.

Operating, as a seller, with the concept of protecting yourself? You have started at the wrong end of the equation and will fail, fail miserably as a pretend seller.

A [professional focuses on the customer and customer satisfaction, only. Nothing else.

Photobucket
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

No it IS true, I have asked Ebay directly.  And while pictures and the other options you mentioned are good, they DO NOT prove you sent or that your item was received.  As I have said you you clearly don't understand, even my buyer sent a message SAYING they received the item and were happy and yet I was told THAT was still not proof and ONLY tracking would be accepted.

No a seller who wants to be a cult like follower of ebay and get ripped off does that.  A good seller, is someone who sends their item as they agreed to and tries to make sure it will get to the buyer safely and within s decent amount of time.  And also looks out to make sure they are also treated fairly as they have done for their buyer.

What your describing is a stupid person with lots of expendable cash and or items to spare.   The satisfaction of both people in a transaction matters, not just the buyers. 

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

dr-quest wrote:

the whole feedback thing become a waist of time

Homonyms are a reel waist of thyme.   🙂 

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Learn from the people who have posted here.......

(1) look at how long they have been on eBay.

(2) Look at what they sell... what they say in a listing... their photo.... their description   ... and their Terms of Sale.

(3) Look at their feedback...

and then

Ask... What can I learn from this exercise....  What do they NOT do......

Many sellers  are very successful on eBay.... Sellers who have happy buyers.... sale after sale.

Once they have established  a procedure .....a protocol  that starts with preparation of a listing ...   for selling on eBay....

They have effectively learned what not to do.....

and ... Once they know this  they repeat the process with every listing... and every sale...  and many, many, many a happy buyer.

This is the reality of eBay....  and it all starts with what one wants to sell on eBay... and how to present that inventory in a listing.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

in reply to i.am.vivian

Learn from the people who have posted here.......

You weren't actually replying to ME, were you?   

Message 30 of 30
latest reply