I am trying to list an item that is less than 500g and the page isn't accepting the 500g or less opt

Every time I try to list my item a warning comes up saying that the weight box is not correct or is empty. My item is less than 500grams and it won't let me use the 500g or less option. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to list an item that is less than 500g and the page isn't accepting the 500g or less opt

Hi, you'll have to scroll down in the weight list and choose "custom weight" and then enter a specific weight ~ the problem with choosing a weight of "500g or less" is that it can't calculate the shipping costs to the USA or Worldwide (if you are trying to ship to USA or Worldwide) because they have weight increments and cost structures for 250g 500g and 1kg ~ so I believe the shipping calculator errors out then when you don't enter a specific weight .

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Can you do a screenshot of the way you are entering the text?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi, you'll have to scroll down in the weight list and choose "custom weight" and then enter a specific weight ~ the problem with choosing a weight of "500g or less" is that it can't calculate the shipping costs to the USA or Worldwide (if you are trying to ship to USA or Worldwide) because they have weight increments and cost structures for 250g 500g and 1kg ~ so I believe the shipping calculator errors out then when you don't enter a specific weight .

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you, that makes perfect sense! I'll have to go to the post office tomorrow to weigh 🙂

I appreciate your help!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Do you have a kitchen scale? Many of us use those instead of a postage scale.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply