Benefits of Using Shippo VS Canada Post for Small Business Account

New Seller

I recently sold an item on ebay.ca, one of my first. I have made a small business account with Canada Post, and linked it to shippo. 

Is it more to my advantage to use shippo to print these shipping labels, or go directly to the Canada Post website and use their new snap ship tool.

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So unless a seller is shipping a lot internationally (in which case the missing tracked packet countries won't be noticed) Paypal Shipping is also a viable alternative to Shippo and SnapShip. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Personally feel its more advantageous to use Shippo vs Snap Ship. Same discounts gets applied but with Shippo your sales specifics are mostly filled in for you and payment comes out of your Paypal account directly vs Snapship where it is from your credit card. With Snapship you do, depending on what you're mailing have access to additional services if required. 

-CM

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It depends whether you prefer to pay with your paypal balance or with a credit card.

Shippo allows paypal payments to settle their bills but SnapShip is credit card only.

Shippo will also pre-fill your ebay buyer address, which is beneficial, but SnapShip remembers the HS Codes you recently used for export.

I wouldn't say, after using both, that one is 'better' than the other; it really depends on what you prefer. It's good to be familiar with both for the inevitable moments where one or the other is experiencing a technical mishap.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Oh and, of course, when you use SnapShip to purchase postage, you have to manually upload your tracking to ebay whereas Shippo does that for you. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have my Canada  Post Solutions for Small Business Account integrated with PayPal so I use PayPal shipping same as we always have been able to do, and get the same discount as with Canada Post Snap Ship, but have the ability to pay for labels directly through PayPal. Canada Post Snap Ship requires payment via credit card for shipping labels. By using PayPal shipping, all transaction info is there, pre-filled and  tracking numbers automatically upload to eBay.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Paypal Shipping still automatically transfers post-postage purchase tracking to ebay, right? 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, when using PayPal shipping, tracking numbers automatically upload to eBay.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

So unless a seller is shipping a lot internationally (in which case the missing tracked packet countries won't be noticed) Paypal Shipping is also a viable alternative to Shippo and SnapShip. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply