Bought Item got a different item.

wyllie-6
Community Member

Hello,

I bought a electronic device, after i got the same but different device, I sent him pictures and asked to return it "not as described", first he said that it is the item and he counter offered I keep it and he would refund me 45%, or I return it and pay shipping both ways, which would have cost me even more for nothing.    After I asked him to fix his mistake again, and pointed out the serial number didn't match the photos nor did the items condition, I got a full refund no return required no further conversation, return status completed.  But now my option to leave feedback has been removed and I noticed his other similar bad review has recently disappeared, and he has Gold star rating from eBay.  Normally I would drop this, but obviously this individual has a history of misrepresenting items from his now deleted reviews making it so the reviews misrepresent the seller, I realize I got a refund but I think others should be aware of this individual and that eBay provides loopholes to allow bad reviews to be removed or provide no option for review, this was no accident and obviously not what I ordered, the seller was aware of his actions and I want everyone else who deals with him to be aware aswell, is there any further actions I can or should take.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I’m sorry to hear of your disappointing transaction.

Normally, incidents do not transpire like this which leads me to suspect there are extenuating circumstances such as a heavily-flawed Product Catalogue entry. Sellers don’t just *get away* with things like this. There are very few instances where feedback would be removed. Did you open a Return case?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Keep in mind that feedback has no effect on a selling account.

A few buyers do use it, to a small extent (if you do, you are an outlier, not the norm) but it is both voluntary and opinion, and therefore not reliable.

I got a full refund no return required no further conversation, return status completed.

Should I take it that this came from the seller and you did not open a Dispute?

Then the seller was cleaning up his own mess. I agree that the badly flawed Product Catalogue that we sellers are encouraged to use may have been the real problem.

Do you believe the seller will continue to send out the wrong products now that he has lost money on at least the two you have reported here?

Or might he have learned a lesson about reviewing pre-filled information on new listings?

It is very likely that , Product Catalogue or not, the seller also has at least two Defects on his selling account.

Defects mean his selling fees rise (from 10%  to 14% of payment), the number and value of his listings may be restricted, and if the bad behaviour continues, eBay will close all his selling accounts. Permanently.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Read FB for patterns of poor service- slow delivery, poor quality, rude communication.

But if you want to really know who he is, read his Feedback Left For Others.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply