ITEM SAYS IT WAS REFUNDED BUT I NEVER GOT THE MONEY

boyca42
Community Member

I requested a refund on my item 321854639303, ebay messages say i got my 40something dollars refunded and that i could see it on paypal, however i have not received any refund from this person. i am having the most difficult time reporting to ebay since their customer service is garbage. i cannot even call them to explain. i dont know what to do i already shipped back the item so now i have no item no money...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you open a case and ship the item back with tracking?

Did you pay with a credit cards because if you did, the refund would go back to the card.

Were bot you and the seller in the same country?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The seller says he is in the USA.

If the money is not on your credit card, you should be able to contact Help at the top of this page.

You get a PIN for phoning.

Don't use a phone you pay minutes on, if they are busy you can be on Hold for quite a while.

Generally around 2pm EST is least busy so call then, not in the evening.

If you fail with eBay, you are still covered by Paypal and by your credit card.

PP allows disputes for 180 days from payment (not 30 from delivery, like eBay).

Reading his neg and neutral feedback, most complaints were out of stock or slow delivery, so it's unlikely he is trying to stiff you on the refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Did you pay with money that was in your Paypal account? The money will automatically go back to where it was taken from originally. It if was taken from your bank account or a credit card it does take a few days to show up.  When did they say the refund was issued?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply