Order cancelled but status still shown as paid and shipped. And no refund.

Hello,

I order something last Friday (11st of October) by mistake (haven't use eBay in a while) and cancelled it 5 mins later.

On Monday this week, eBay told me the order can't be cancelled because they already ship it, I check and see a tracking number for UPS.

Fast forward 2 days later, the UPS tracking still show as waiting for item to arrive from the sender. So I sent the seller a message to ask them about the order.

They said they already cancelled it and issued a refund to me on Monday (the same they ebay told me it can't be cancelled).

Now it's Friday, I still see no refund in my account or any changes in UPS tracking. What should I do?

P/s: The seller is not really responsive either, they only reply my message once a day. It's hard to get anything done like this. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You purchased.

You paid.

The seller shipped.

You cancelled the order a few minutes after paying.

Sounds amazingly fast work on the part of the shipper, but ok.

You have a tracking number from UPS.

The seller tells you he cancelled the order and refunded you.

You do not see the refund in your Paypal account.

Do you back your PP with a credit card?

Look in the card account for the refund.  Credit card payments do not go back to PP, since they are technically not cash but a promise to pay.

You could tell the sender that the UPS tracking is still live, and he should cancel it and get his money refunded.

BTW, wherever you buy online, never buy anything that the seller insists on sending by courier.

While mailed shipments pass through CBSA hands without being assessed for import fees (long story based on intelligent public servants) couriers MUST charge assessed duty and SalesTaxes on any import valued over $20Cdn (~$15US). And then they add on a $25 or so service fee for customs brokerage.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just check my credit card, no refund there either. Will try to contact the seller again next week.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It could take a couple of weeks to show the credit on your cc.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Do you have one-click payment enabled?

Disable it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yeah, I'll do that soon.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply