Stalemate situation?

I reported an item missing a while back, after maximum ETA had been reached. I was guided to contact the seller which I did. The seller claimed delays were to be expected during COVID which I acknowledged and so we agreed to allow extra time for delivery.

Now over a month later, still no delivery. When I try to report it, I am told there's a case open on the item. Choices are:

1. Contact seller.

2. Resolution Center.

Option 1 takes me to select which item I wish to contact the seller for. I select the item and I go back to the page that says there's an open case (as above, with choices 1 and 2).

Option 2 takes me to a dead end page stating that he request for that item has been closed following an agreement with the seller... Go back.

Does anyone know how I can report this issue. From what I gather I can't open a request for an item a because of an earlier item missing issue was closed following an agreement with the seller to extend the delivery period.

Thank you.

/BC

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Stalemate situation?

Well you already had contacted the seller, basically to no avail, so that was the wrong choice.

Not sure why the Resolution Centre did not allow you to open a case but:

after maximum ETA had been reached....Now over a month later, still no delivery. 

You only had 30 days from the deadline date to open the Dispute in the Resolution Centre.

BUT

All is not lost.

You can still open a Dispute through Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre  is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You have 180 days from payment to open an Item Not Received dispute.

The first suggestion (not a command) is to Contact the Seller.

You did that.

Move on.

Ask PP to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, Delivery) you will be refunded.

For future reference, "more time" should be a few days, to the end of the week or over the weekend.

Never accept an offer of a replacement, it will not show up. (And it is always possible that the original purchase was vapourware.)

In addition, if neither of those Claims work out, you can also call the 1-800 number on the back of the credit card you use to back your PP account, and ask about a chargeback. Card policies differ.

EBay does offer those three levels of Buyer Protection, but they can be hard to navigate.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Stalemate situation?

It sounds as if your original question to the seller opened up a request for the seller to refund you or provide a tracking number to show when the item would arrive. Assuming that you didn't close the request when the seller asked you to wait, you had 30 days from then to ask ebay to step in if the request wasn't resolved. After that time, ebay would have closed it either on their own or at the seller's request. 

You can file an item not received claim with Paypal if you paid through your PP account. You have 180 days from purchase to do that. Or, you can open a claim with your credit card company if that is how you paid.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply