how do i create feedback links to send to my buyers

ogaeda-0
Community Member

So I have made several sales with overdue feedbacks from the buyers. I have sent some of them a reminder to leave feedback on my account. None of them have left anything yet. My question is how do I create a link to include in my feedback reminder message so they can just click on it and leave the feedback? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation for your suggestions

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have never heard that you can create a link for feedback.  As far as I know, feedback reminders are sent from eBay after the sale. 

I have been selling on eBay for over 11 years and on average, 30% of buyers leave feedback.  I find that when you provide great service, buyers tend to leave feedback or if they are not happy.  Always give buyers a reason to leave you feedback by providing them with a positive experience, example, if you shipped their item within one day of receiving payment, maybe send them a hand written note thanking them for their business.  simple things like that might leave a positive impact which would lead them to give feedback. 

Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is optional and it really isn't a good idea to ask for it. Some buyers get annoyed by it and some who may not have planned on leaving bad feedback may do so when asked for feedback.  It does get frustrating when you are trying to build up feedback but all you can really do is wait.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

You are welcome.

I noticed that you sell iPhones, $300 plus, let’s soay you sell mostly the same model on a regular basis. Now imagine if you were to order a bunch of screen protectors or tempered glass protectors for less than $1 each. How happy do you think the customer would be when they open the package and they find a surprise gift in there, a screen protector that cost you under $1, but is a pleasant surprise for the customer. This would most likely get you a positive feedback without you asking for it 🙂

Message 6 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hello,

I have never heard that you can create a link for feedback.  As far as I know, feedback reminders are sent from eBay after the sale. 

I have been selling on eBay for over 11 years and on average, 30% of buyers leave feedback.  I find that when you provide great service, buyers tend to leave feedback or if they are not happy.  Always give buyers a reason to leave you feedback by providing them with a positive experience, example, if you shipped their item within one day of receiving payment, maybe send them a hand written note thanking them for their business.  simple things like that might leave a positive impact which would lead them to give feedback. 

Good luck

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

ogaeda-0
Community Member
Thanks for the tips. I will take them to heart.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is optional and it really isn't a good idea to ask for it. Some buyers get annoyed by it and some who may not have planned on leaving bad feedback may do so when asked for feedback.  It does get frustrating when you are trying to build up feedback but all you can really do is wait.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

ogaeda-0
Community Member
Thanks for your insightful comment. I know it gets frustrating if the feedbacks are not forthcoming especially when I went above & beyond in description, price, packaging, shipping time, & communication. I guess, I will just have to wait
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You are welcome.

I noticed that you sell iPhones, $300 plus, let’s soay you sell mostly the same model on a regular basis. Now imagine if you were to order a bunch of screen protectors or tempered glass protectors for less than $1 each. How happy do you think the customer would be when they open the package and they find a surprise gift in there, a screen protector that cost you under $1, but is a pleasant surprise for the customer. This would most likely get you a positive feedback without you asking for it 🙂
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

ogaeda-0
Community Member
A good idea. I would do something similar for my upcoming sales. Thanks for the advice
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You are very welcome.
I send gifts to my customers often and it goes a long way. Make sure you don’t advertise it, if you advertise it then it’s expected. You want to wow them, and surprise them.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

ogaeda-0
Community Member
Well taken. Thanks so much
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I have sent some of them a reminder to leave feedback on my account

Don't do that.

You might get it.

It is frustrating when you start out, but it is better to have 16 positive feedback than to have 16 positive and one smartalec  negative.

Best wishes for a happy, busy and prosperous New Year.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@estreetplazacanada wrote:
You are welcome.

I ship same-day, charge no handling fees, give each buyer a free gift with purchase and leave feedback for buyers one hundred per cent of the time and ALWAYS add a packing slip to the order thanking buyers for their purchase with a reminder to leave feedback yet my rate of reciprocal feedback is about 15 per cent.

There is simply nothing a seller can do to compel a satisfied buyer to take the time to come back to ebay merely to leave feedback for a purchase they appreciated. An angry buyer will be motivated, and a buyer-seller who's on ebay every day, seven days of the week will most likely leave feedback for their sellers but, in my experience, 85 per cent of those satisfied intermittent customers simply cannot be bothered. It's too much work for no payoff to their mind. 

Your advice is sound in terms of setting the groundwork for positive feedback by exceeding all customer expectations but you can do that successfully 100 times and still only get 15 to 20 reciprocal responses. I've been living that reality for a year at least. Maybe two. Five years ago, I could count on about 40 per cent up to 50 reciprocal feedback, but no longer. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply