January 24th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening the chat up for our meeting tomorrow.

See you then!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Good morning, Tyler.

A few things, none life-or-death:

1. While I genuinely appreciate the opportunity to participate in the webinars presently being run by ebay and have registered for more than my fair share, myself and a number of other experienced Canadian sellers were erroneously encouraged to join the New Seller one being held today. It concerns me that we were misidentified, not that I am insulted by this, but more that I am worried the wrong demographic within the selling community was identified for 'special invitation'. It's probably going to be an excellent learning opportunity for new sellers; I just hope a few actually new sellers were invited.  

2. Speaking of new sellers, I tagged you in a thread over the weekend that was created by a new seller who I think has been left negative feedback that should be examined for removal, based on their account of what transpired; their general demeanour leaves me to believed they are being truthful. I have encouraged them to contact you here. 

3. I had something weird crop up with an invoice I tried to send on Sunday morning, it offered my buyer a postal service that doesn't exist for their country in question and at a cost of zero dollars. Fortunately, I noticed this before hitting Send, deleted it, and then on the Sales Record switched to an alternative express service that does exist for their destination at the cost required. I don't know if this was a one-time glitch or one that is ongoing because all my other buyers since then have paid immediately without intervention, i.e. my needing to Send Invoice. If it's an ongoing problem, it may well be one that leads to significant strife between buyers and sellers. Will you look into it, please? (Example below.)

Thank you!

Maureen 

There is no CPC Air Parcel service to Hong Kong and even if there was, I could not offer it for free

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello

I sent you a few PM but even tho i contacted tech support and CS the issue its still there .Prices are changing by itself and i need to cancel orders which is affecting my seller performance.

Tech support are not able to help dont know why .

This issue with the new markdown manager its been for 4 months now and i dont think so that this is normal and someone should be responsible for all the mess .

I know and i realize that we Canadian sellers are not such a priority for eBay because of the revenue that we generate .But we sell in USA as well.Im paying for premium store and im expecting a support and help.

Since October im receiving emails stating that there is a issue with my promo emails and they are working on it .Wow 4 months .

With who i need to speak to fix this problem ?

And what i will do now when i need it to cancel this orders because of the glitch of the system ?Who will fix my seller performance .Im top rated seller because i provide a good service to the customer but who will provide me with service on the other side .

Customer service dont even doing a follow up .

So im force to cancel orders cancel listing and because most of them are in 2 categories this also cost me extra money on top .

Hope that you will help me .

I dont think its worth the time spent over the phone with incompetent CS.

Thank you in advance 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi Tyler, was just looking at my active items using the eBay app on my iPad. I noticed that the S&H costs shown on my items when looking them when I open the app are different from the S&H when I click on the actual item within the app. For instance, on item no.  183032483896 a shipping cost of Cdn 3.30 is showing as Cdn 5.11 or sometimes even as 5.04 Cdn. 

The item price does not change, it is the same in both instances. My app settings are set to Canada and I do list on .com.

This makes me wonder what amounts other Canadians are seeing if they use the eBay mobile app to purchase my items. Shipping costs are high enough without eBay showing them as inflated even more. I can’t check on another mobile device since I don’t own one, just the iPad. Is this a known glitch or something new?

I tried to attach photos taken with my iPad but evidently they can’t post due to incorrect extensions. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Well, it looks like the eBay mobile app version 3 is finally now no longer supported. It is now a choice of upgrading to the abomination that replaced it or not bothering with eBay mobile. I think I'll choose not upgrading. The only thing the new version is good for is as a textbook case of how not to design a user interface. Where the old app was laid out simply and clearly and it was easy to find what you wanted and navigate, the replacement is the complete opposite. 

On the website the "Saved Searches" page continues to be almost completely useless - it has been that way for ages. There was a time where it was actually useful but those days are long gone. At this point it is easier to just save searches as bookmarks in a browser and manipulate them there. At least there I can name them and order them as I like. 

Does eBay have a department dedicated to taking things that are well thought out and easy to use and instead make them less functional and more cumbersome? 

And if you could please stop translating listings on sites such as ebay.de into English in search results that would be greatly appreciated. When I am looking for non-English items I would be looking for them in the original language, not whatever some half-assed translator thinks the English equivalent would be. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

Good morning, Tyler.

A few things, none life-or-death:

1. While I genuinely appreciate the opportunity to participate in the webinars presently being run by ebay and have registered for more than my fair share, myself and a number of other experienced Canadian sellers were erroneously encouraged to join the New Seller one being held today. It concerns me that we were misidentified, not that I am insulted by this, but more that I am worried the wrong demographic within the selling community was identified for 'special invitation'. It's probably going to be an excellent learning opportunity for new sellers; I just hope a few actually new sellers were invited.  

2. Speaking of new sellers, I tagged you in a thread over the weekend that was created by a new seller who I think has been left negative feedback that should be examined for removal, based on their account of what transpired; their general demeanour leaves me to believed they are being truthful. I have encouraged them to contact you here. 

3. I had something weird crop up with an invoice I tried to send on Sunday morning, it offered my buyer a postal service that doesn't exist for their country in question and at a cost of zero dollars. Fortunately, I noticed this before hitting Send, deleted it, and then on the Sales Record switched to an alternative express service that does exist for their destination at the cost required. I don't know if this was a one-time glitch or one that is ongoing because all my other buyers since then have paid immediately without intervention, i.e. my needing to Send Invoice. If it's an ongoing problem, it may well be one that leads to significant strife between buyers and sellers. Will you look into it, please? (Example below.)

Thank you!

Maureen 

There is no CPC Air Parcel service to Hong Kong and even if there was, I could not offer it for free

Hi Maureen! Hope you've had a pleasant weekend and a promising week thus far.

1. This is valuable feedback - I'll see if I can get more insight into the choices that were made for the webinar invites and if I can share it back here. 🙂

2. I got the tag and will make sure to get to it today.

3. This seems like a one off. The listing looks solid, the only thing I can think is that the invoice process defaulted one of your 'worldwide' shipping services that weren't region locked. However, as you point out, it isn't a service available for HK buyers. Should something like this happen again would you mind tagging me or sending me a DM before you send the invoice? I want to check the back end and see what options the buyer selected prior to requesting the total.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

Hello

I sent you a few PM but even tho i contacted tech support and CS the issue its still there .Prices are changing by itself and i need to cancel orders which is affecting my seller performance.

Tech support are not able to help dont know why .

This issue with the new markdown manager its been for 4 months now and i dont think so that this is normal and someone should be responsible for all the mess .

I know and i realize that we Canadian sellers are not such a priority for eBay because of the revenue that we generate .But we sell in USA as well.Im paying for premium store and im expecting a support and help.

Since October im receiving emails stating that there is a issue with my promo emails and they are working on it .Wow 4 months .

With who i need to speak to fix this problem ?

And what i will do now when i need it to cancel this orders because of the glitch of the system ?Who will fix my seller performance .Im top rated seller because i provide a good service to the customer but who will provide me with service on the other side .

Customer service dont even doing a follow up .

So im force to cancel orders cancel listing and because most of them are in 2 categories this also cost me extra money on top .

Hope that you will help me .

I dont think its worth the time spent over the phone with incompetent CS.

Thank you in advance 

Howdy @fashionoutletdeal - I did get your PMs and will review and respond to them later this week after I've had time to take a look at the examples you've provided and see what options I can find for you.

While I am not able to provide the same offerings as customer service, I can definitely investigate technical issues or have contacts into CS reviewed for coaching opportunities. If you would prefer not to call you can also reach out to our teams on social media like Facebook or Twitter, and I'm certain they'd be happy to help you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

Hi Tyler, was just looking at my active items using the eBay app on my iPad. I noticed that the S&H costs shown on my items when looking them when I open the app are different from the S&H when I click on the actual item within the app. For instance, on item no.  183032483896 a shipping cost of Cdn 3.30 is showing as Cdn 5.11 or sometimes even as 5.04 Cdn. 

The item price does not change, it is the same in both instances. My app settings are set to Canada and I do list on .com.

This makes me wonder what amounts other Canadians are seeing if they use the eBay mobile app to purchase my items. Shipping costs are high enough without eBay showing them as inflated even more. I can’t check on another mobile device since I don’t own one, just the iPad. Is this a known glitch or something new?

I tried to attach photos taken with my iPad but evidently they can’t post due to incorrect extensions. 

Hi @msmaggie060 - I took a look at the example item you provided and did some research and I initially saw the same thing. However, when I clicked into the listing I saw that the 'Shipping and Payments' tab had been defaulted to the United States in the drop down. When I switched it to Canada and did another general search the item displayed consistent postage.

Will you take a look at your shipping and payments tab, change it to Canada and search again and send me a PM if you notice it has a different price?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

Well, it looks like the eBay mobile app version 3 is finally now no longer supported. It is now a choice of upgrading to the abomination that replaced it or not bothering with eBay mobile. I think I'll choose not upgrading. The only thing the new version is good for is as a textbook case of how not to design a user interface. Where the old app was laid out simply and clearly and it was easy to find what you wanted and navigate, the replacement is the complete opposite. 

On the website the "Saved Searches" page continues to be almost completely useless - it has been that way for ages. There was a time where it was actually useful but those days are long gone. At this point it is easier to just save searches as bookmarks in a browser and manipulate them there. At least there I can name them and order them as I like. 

Does eBay have a department dedicated to taking things that are well thought out and easy to use and instead make them less functional and more cumbersome? 

And if you could please stop translating listings on sites such as ebay.de into English in search results that would be greatly appreciated. When I am looking for non-English items I would be looking for them in the original language, not whatever some half-assed translator thinks the English equivalent would be. 

Hi @bozonet - sorry to hear you're not a fan of the latest version of the app. You're always welcome to use a mobile browser instead of the app if you'd prefer.

Saved Searches should still be working according to your preferences, happy to review if you'll send me a private message with examples.

When it comes to the translation issue, I'm not able to recreate this. I pulled up searches on eBay.de on a computer and a mobile browser and everything displays in German. Is a browser-translator enabled by chance?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining us this week - see you on the boards!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply