Send Offers to Buyers in Canada??

Hey everyone, 

I have seen that some sellers listing on the .com (and located in the US) and others listing on other international variations of eBay have been able to send offers to their watchers ("Send offers to buyers") on items posted for more than 5 days or have more than 5 days left before the item ends. I can open the page and see where the offers are able to be sent (on "My eBay" click summary, hover over "Activity" and click sell on desktop), but when I click to send offers it says that the page is not found... Has anyone been able to send offers to watchers on the .ca site? Or know when this function will be available to us?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Send Offers to Buyers in Canada??

"Has anyone been able to send offers to watchers on the .ca site? Or know when this function will be available to us?"

With any luck - never.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I believe this option will soon become the "never ask a buyer for feedback" of 2019.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yep, another feature many Buyers including myself will opt out off, I mean really??

Do you want to bombard your "watchers" with offers, and how many of those watchers are actually "competitors"

And as a Buyer I would not want to receive unsolicited offers....

I use an AD Blocker for all my browsing and recently saw I had blocked over 264K ads, 90K tracking cookies, 13K Ad Ware,  and 113 pop ups.... that includes ebays too since I installed it....

And yes "Offers to Watchers", will become the new  "never ask a buyer for feedback" for 2019..

...and if you cannot see who you are sending those offers too, they may go to your "competitors" ....think about the implications of that.

No thanks eBay, no thanks....

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Personally I have received offers from sellers on items I’m watching and each time I have been tempted to purchase. I am excited for this feature to launch and think it will be a great tool to communicate with potential customers. I appreciate everyone’s input and perspectives!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I watch a lot of items but mostly to see what they sell for as I may have something similar to sell. Some items I may be interested in buying. I don't think I would appreciate getting offers for all the items I am watching. I am already annoyed at all the messages coming from eBay when I have just glanced at an item & I am not even watching it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hearhear....

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I won't mind receiving offers until it becomes a spamfest of trivial-waste-of-time offers.
Then I will opt out.
As far as me making offers to watchers... Nope.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply