2014 Spring Seller Updates

Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to discuss any of the topics announced in the Spring Seller Updates.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

So far, not a single comment or response from eBay. 

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

Unbelievable! If Ebay sellers operated that way, they would be subject to so many DSR that they would likely have their accounts suspended.

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

Once again Ebay has decided to make selling on Ebay a totally unrewarding venture. These new seller rules that count cancelled transactions as defects are just another ruse by Ebay to restrict potential discounts for sellers. I deal in electronics, stock is very fluid, sometimes manufacturers switch distributors with no warning and stock availability can go from 100 units to zero in a couple of hours. We deal with 1000's of products across multiple locations. I currently hold top-rated status and the new "defect rules" will place me below standard. THANKS EBAY FOR YOUR TOTAL DISREGARD AND DISRESPECT FOR THE BUSINESS THAT I GENERATE FOR YOU. Why can't we have protection from unscrupulous buyers who think nothing of changing their mind after we pay to offer free shipping? Ebay is totally slanted in favour of buyers. Why does EBAY have to impose ridiculous compliance standards that will inhibit any potential top-rated discounts for seller's. EBAY seems to forget that as sellers we pay DEARLY in Ebay transaction fees, at 8 to 10 percent of sales and shipping. . What value do we get for this money paid to Ebay? All we get is TERRIBLE to NON-Existant SELLER SUPPORT, Ever increasing restrictions on achieving top-rated status and discounts, zero protection from unreasonable buyers, unreasonable stocking expectations and shipping times. Unreasonable holiday return policy demands. It is about time that EBAY  stopped acting like petty dictators. andchanged its outlook on this marketplace. All EBAY is concerned with is siphoning-off as much money commissions from sellers as possible and Ebay does not even even declaring the income in Canada or USA. They declare their income in Switzerland!. Can we sellers start getting some real value for the money we pay to Ebay? Totally disillusioned and really discouraged with the whole Ebay treatment of sellers!

It is time that Ebay began to think win-win as regards their relations with Sellers.

This idea of Holiday returns unitil 31 January is preposterous! It is just another way that Ebay will allow buyers to abuse sellers and cause extra shipping expnses to sellers.

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

@disquesempressrecords wrote:

This idea of Holiday returns unitil 31 January is preposterous! It is just another way that Ebay will allow buyers to abuse sellers and cause extra shipping expnses to sellers.

It's just another way that ebay follows in the footsteps of amazon (amazon added the January 31 holiday season return deadline last year for their sellers)...

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Fall 2014 update:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m08/i12/s01

It does not get any better!

Message 45 of 45
latest reply