AdCommerce

So..... just activated a campaign to see if and how this works.

One has to leave it to eBay management when it come to ways of making sellers part with money 🙂

Cheers
Bernie
Message 1 of 133
latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

AdCommerce

Let us know if its worth it. If you get more traffic and sells. I was looking into it.

Frederic
Message 2 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Well,

There were 1,189 imprints overnight with 12 clicks (1.01% CTR), average CPC $0.01 and I owe them 14 cents so far.

24-hr sales stats are almost double what they were yesterday morning. However, yesterday's sales were about 1/2 of average and today's a large portion repeat business.

Ergo, it is way too early to say if it working or not.

High # of imprints because I bid on some more common keywords. Low CTR because the banner is clear on advertised product. This is good as one only wants clicks from buyers interested in one's product.

Today, I will initiate many more campaigns to include other target countries and will also make banners in different languages.

After a week or so, I shall re-evaluate.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 3 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Bernie, which country did you target? How long it took before the impressions started incrementing?

It's too bad you cannot see what the current cost of particular word is like Google Adsense.

Pretty good CPC. Perhaps you can be more aggressive than 14c/day. When I played with this stuff my set budget was $5/day and Google burned through it every day.

Btw. in 2006 I even tried add in specialized magazine for 3 months (in the back in ad pages section) and this cost me over $300 USD an issue and brought virutally zilch sales. I had much smaller inventory then, but still ...
Message 4 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

We targeted USA and bid 2 cents/click. Max $5/day.

Imprints began aprx. 30 minutes later.

However, we just got blown out of the water by someone selling supplements under the "cox" brand. That was our major keyword. The supplements are completely unrelated to our product.

Looks as if they only show 5 ads (which is more than enough) and it might be time to up the ante.

I just made campaigns for Canada, UK, Australia, France and Germany

Cheers
Bernie
Message 5 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

The "shopping.com" and all the biggees are starting to dominate searches. Look as if they are bidding on the dictionary.

In the end they will likely prevail, just as in Google, as they have bigger budgets and way more products/sales.

I believe that is what eBay wants anyhow - the big names.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 6 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

lina-mallows
Community Member
Many years ago, there was a simply premised comedy sketch on Saturday Night Live.

It was an 'infomercial' for the "WORD EXCHANGE".
The idea was that everytime a word is used, those in the word exchange get a royalty.
It allowed 'ordinary' people to by 'exotic words' under the hope that one day (future's market) they would become popular- think of 'Hula-Hoop' before it became a fad. Or, you could by a share of a commonly used word like "the".
If you already owned shares in a word, like say "buggy whip", you could lose money as the word fell out of fashion.

How bang on those sketch writer's were!

Reading Bernie's OP is likely deja vue all over again!

Now, at the same time SNL had some real fun with the introduction of a razor with TWO !!!!! blades. And mocked the future where any idiot that would fall for the concept of TWO !!!! blades, would be stupid enough to go for a THREE BLADED product!

Well, here we are all these years later, and for those IDIOTS out there using FIVE blade razors, maybe Saturday Night Live was right.

Who needs economic forecasters. A few hours of old Saturday Night Live episodes, and the future magically reveals itself.
(at least in the cases noted above- it was bang on!)
WORD EXCHANGE- THREE BLADE RAZORS..........ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

What next, an international web site where people who have never met each other can safely trade PEZ dispensers ???
Message 7 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

lina-mallows
Community Member
The best reference I have found for this far fetched idea pitched on Saturday Night Live
http://www.wunderkammern27.com/2006/01/
''Recently, I remembered a Saturday Night Live ad parody from the '80s for the New York Word Exchange. It starred the late (and sorely missed) Phil Hartman as spokesperson Don Bingham. He offered financial advice for those interested in the burgeoning word market. It was fantastical, and kinda reminded me of one of my favorite books when I was a kid, Crawford Killian's Wonders, Inc, which is I think why it's stuck with me.

Strange thing is, it fairly predicted the value of domain names when the cyberboom hit.

I wish I could quote the sketch itself, but I don't have a copy and -- besides an entry on an SNL fan site, which reveals that the bit aired on November 22, 1986 -- ''

And now, beyond domains, individual words are being commodified.
Message 8 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Wow.........Sorry Bernie, sounds like way too much work for me. I figure that if something's working, why try to fix it?
I guess that I'm afraid that putting in any more than four hours or so a day into this online selling stuff, that this 6 figure a year hobby might turn into "work"! :_|
The only campaign I'm starting, is a poll to find out if my Cosmopolitan Martini should be shaken or stirred! B-)

Cheers,
AXE
Message 9 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Woops,
never mind, I'm good- here it is!

Cosmopolitan
4 parts Citron vodka
2 parts Cointreau or triple sec
2 parts Cranberry juice
1 part fresh lime juice

Directions:
Shake over ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wedge, sit back, and enjoy!

Cheers,
AXE B-)
Message 10 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Axe,

Definitely shaken; with a touch of Cosmo Babe. Xena says a touch of Chayanne - gosh, don't I hate competition lol!

Cheers
Bernie
Message 11 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

AXE
Message 12 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Quick update:

155,847 Imprints
172 Clicks

Low click-through rate as we bid on many common keywords.

However, the clicks are encouraging and sales are way, way up.

The stats they provide are really great. Not only which country is producing which imprints and clicks but also which keyword is producing how many imprints and clicks, broken down country for country and keyword for keyword.

We will be deleting keywords that do not produce clicks.

Total cost so far? CAD 4.12. LOVE IT!

Cheers
Bernie
Message 13 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

ds2286
Community Member
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is adcommerce the sponsored links at the bottom of the search pages?

Or is it something different?

Thanks
Message 14 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Yup, and there are no dumb questions; just stupid answers from self-righteous respondends 🙂

Cheers
Bernie
Message 15 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

ds2286
Community Member
Thanks xenalook.

I noticed that most of the ads are for off ebay sites. Are you promoting your ebay store or an off ebay site?

Thanks again!!
Message 16 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Just our eBay store for now.

Sales are holding strong but it will be weeks before one can conclude if and what Adcommerce contributes to such.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 17 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Just wanted to report back on progress.

This morning we hit the 1,000,000 impression mark - pretty impressive 🙂

The time period is still too short to reliably draw conclusions but I would safely say that sales are up 10-12%

As our total bill so far is $20.70 for an increase of at least $1,200 in revenue, I would say "heck of a deal!"

Bernie
Message 18 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Wow, that is impressive, Bernie!
I still do not get what Adcommerce is- Could you give me the coles note version and how it might possible benefit my business?

Cheers,
AXE
Message 19 of 133
latest reply

AdCommerce

Axe,

Easiest is if you simply click on the adcommerce link at the top right of this page; it's explained somewhat well there.

Bernie
Message 20 of 133
latest reply