Anyone else sick and tired of China and Asia sellers pretending they are in the USA????

I am speaking as a buyer for this post.

The last three items I have purchased have been so frustrating.

I do a search for a product and tick off the USA ONLY as I need it fast and don't want to wait for a package from China.

I check the delivery ETA and find it reasonable. I place the order as the item is "apparently in California" and I am in NY State.

I make the purchase and remarkably get a tracking number updated the next day. I'm saying to myself "cool" it should be shipping soon and I will get it shortly there after. NOT!

What these China sellers are doing is the following.

They put something on eBay and say the item is in California USA when it is really in China. The order comes they produce a USPS label and upload the tracking number. Then they send their item from China to the California service that gets the item after 7 days or so and places the label on the package and ships it out.

So for one entire week there is no package sent to USPS and the buyer (me) is sitting their awaiting movement.

How in the world does eBay permit this? There is even a link to report auction items as misrepresenting location of item yet after several report NOTHING as usual.

I guess as long as eBay gets money they simply don't care. Very sad state of affairs on eBay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anyone else sick and tired of China and Asia sellers pretending they are in the USA????

I don't care. The US of A is just different foreign country.

If they were pretending to be in Canada I'd be annoyed.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Anyone else sick and tired of China and Asia sellers pretending they are in the USA????

After over 30 years in mail order, I allow 20 for delivery from North America and 30 days for delivery from Asia.

Usually I am happy to find I have been pessimistic.

But better to expect 20 days and get something in 14 days, than to expect 7 days and get it in 14.

I think that's a corollary to Micawber's Law.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply