BIN feature won't work.

I purchased 6 items from a USA seller using the BIN feature. Not a problem until I clicked on the BIN for 2 other items I wanted on same site. When I hit the BIN icon this is what it says in red hi-lites... "We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time".  It then prompts me to "Go to item details". I do that and it doesn't say anything different from the  earlier 6 items that I bought with the BIN feature on her site. I sent a contact seller last night and got no response. I sent her another contact seller around noon today and still no response. She has already combined the 6 items for a combined shipping cost so I don't understand why I can buy the other 2 items using the BIN...Thanks Kindly.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BIN feature won't work.

Some sellers set a limit to the number of items one member may buy at a time.

This limit is useful if that seller has had difficulty in the past with fly-by-nighters coming along and buying 35 things at once and then not ever paying for them which is a time-consuming process for the seller to resolve. It depends really on the seller and their tolerance for risk. Mine is set to a limit of 20 items and I recently had someone meet that limit and then leave without paying for any of them. I think it can be set as low as six but I'm not completely sure of the number right at this moment. Anyway, it's not personal although it may be somewhat disappointing to you as a buyer.

I know it seems like a long time to wait for the seller to answer your query but many do not work on weekends. Your seller may decide to lift the limit specifically for you but if you don't have another answer come Monday evening, I suppose you'd be best to pay for your six and wait a week to buy the rest. 

Or.... it might just be one of those weird ebay and/or paypal glitches that keep cropping up. 

It's hard to say.

I'm certain another member will have another opinion of what it may be. I'm interested to hear other theories too. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

BIN feature won't work.

Some sellers set a limit to the number of items one member may buy at a time.

This limit is useful if that seller has had difficulty in the past with fly-by-nighters coming along and buying 35 things at once and then not ever paying for them which is a time-consuming process for the seller to resolve. It depends really on the seller and their tolerance for risk. Mine is set to a limit of 20 items and I recently had someone meet that limit and then leave without paying for any of them. I think it can be set as low as six but I'm not completely sure of the number right at this moment. Anyway, it's not personal although it may be somewhat disappointing to you as a buyer.

I know it seems like a long time to wait for the seller to answer your query but many do not work on weekends. Your seller may decide to lift the limit specifically for you but if you don't have another answer come Monday evening, I suppose you'd be best to pay for your six and wait a week to buy the rest. 

Or.... it might just be one of those weird ebay and/or paypal glitches that keep cropping up. 

It's hard to say.

I'm certain another member will have another opinion of what it may be. I'm interested to hear other theories too. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply