Beware Of CROOKED PAY PAL - They will crook you out of your money.

Just wanting to let other No that Pay Pal is a Bunch of Crooks ! if you Convert your money over to pay for something International  And u convert it all over to The correct currency , it will still by Default Take it from your US Dollar Balance. And after speaking to there Representatives, They do not Care How much money you loose for Double Conversions.    a $114 AU Item Just costed me $141 USD with there Conversions, Pay Pal Is a Joke and a Crook , i will Be Pulling out of Pay pal. They Are Unlawful and Crooked.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Beware Of CROOKED PAY PAL - They will crook you out of your money.

I do not understand why you did a double conversion.  What was the purpose?

Why not convert from whatever funds you had in your account into the currency you needed?

The conversion fee (spread) charged by PayPal is about the same as charged by most major credit card issuers (banks) for retail business.  Why do you call them "crooks"?

"a $114 AU Item Just costed me $141 USD with there Conversions,"

That quite frankly does not make any sense. Could you please give exact details of each conversion.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I see you recently purchased a CPAP mask from Australia for A$113.95 (including shipping).

If you let PayPal convert the transaction for you the amount of A$113.95 should approximate Cdn$114 or US$104

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

because the guy was being a crook , i spoke with customer service and he told me to convert to austrillian , i did that it still did not work still was going to convert to usa funds , so he got me to convert back and i ended up loosing the extra convert charges , the guy seen what happened and kept the money would not fix it , and called me a sucker right over the phone. And also told me if i do not like it , do not deal with us. So yeah paypal can go screw itself , i will be pulling out.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"because the guy was being a crook"

What "guy"? 

The listing was in A$.  You did not need to convert anything.  That is not your job.  The seller collects in A$.

PayPal would have charged your account in A$.  If there was a balance in your account, it would have been converted to meet the payment.  If not, it would have been charged to your bank account or credit card (depending how you selected to pay for that transaction) in A$.  The conversion would have been completed by the bank or credit card issuer at that time (typically 2.5%)

I still do not see how the amount of the transaction in A$ converts into the US$ stated in your original post.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

the currency for the item was in AU $ , so i  called paypal and asked if i convert to au being i never bought a Au currency aution can i pay the AU price take in Austrillan dollar ballance they said yes ! so i converted the amonth over to AU from usd ballance and made AU Primary , when i whent to pay for item, paypal tryed to take from usa dollar ballance anyway, i re called paypal , the guy on phone said now u wasted your money in fee`s waste some more it must be paid in usd currency , so like **bleep** , i paid a double convertion rate for nothing ! i asked being he told me to do it, and he new it was wrong , paypal would not cover the mix up. And thats how i got screwed. So all converted over 2 times inside of 10 mins. for nothing , paypal is a crook on there exchanges and exchance rates. i had to re buy usd funds at there high rates as it would not let me pay in austrillia funds on the Au auction :

So told to sell my usd funds to buy Au funds to resell the Au funds to buy back usd ! wich was crooked as hell.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Paypal staff over phone

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I understand the screw-up with the double conversion.

However, two wasted conversion fees do not explain "a $114 AU Item Just costed me $141 USD"

The numbers simply do not make sense.

As stated earlier, I do not understand why you simply did not proceed with paying the invoice in A$.  There was no need to initiate a conversion.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

yeah i no i think i got nailed a 3rd time  and the amount still dose not make since but thats what it was, i know paypal will not straiten it out .. i got rooked

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

PayPal has records of all conversations.  Why not call them and very nicely explain the situation again, with the eBay listing number, PayPal transaction history etc.  If the CS rep is not able to assist you, ask to speak with a supervisor.  Ask them to review their records and confirm that you were given the wrong advice.  Let them know that you want to resolve this in a mutually satisfactory manner. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply