Canadian Power Seller Alliances and Selling Locations

fitzheueninternational
Community Member
I have been doing this for while now and I have run across this area in ebay again. I am looking to find out where many of the Canadian Power Sellers are located in Canada to forge alliances and share information. The ebay forum is a good one for general discussion but still does not provide one-on-one conversations live with a real person who has experienced many of the pratfalls of being a Canadian seller. The forum is a good one, but is a service where information cannot be conveyed in two of three sentences in an message post. I spend many hours doing business on ebay and feel that the email system of communicating is very impersonal and delayed when trying to get answers. I am an honest business person and I am looking for serious people who can communicate and who would like to expand their ebay businesses like myself or take advantage of free insight as well as give some. We have combined knowledge as ebay users and have seen many different situations when buying and selling. I have made contact by chance with other power sellers near my locations and we have incorporated our combined knowledge into our day to day operations. This is why I am now posting this message in the forum to locate others. I am not a new user and I think it is time that we had some one-on-one conversations with each other to take advantage of our shared experiences and personal knowledge. I have a couple of years experience and looking at expanding my knowledge and sharing ideas. This is not a spoof or spam message. I am not soliciting or selling anything so please do not misinterpret this message. I am looking for others with the same goals who are serious. I see this as a benefit to many, since as Canadians and we are likely to encounter similar situations associated with being Canadian sellers. I see our goals as the same in all of the messages posted to grow and expand our common knowledge.
Thanks in advance.

Al fitzheueninternational@yahoo.ca
Message 1 of 235
latest reply
234 REPLIES 234

treasure-pot
Community Member
Uncle Buck returns

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 181 of 235
latest reply

Yes, we are back, have been extremely busy, setting up new sellers and converting our old uncle bucks to the NEW sellers one source, trying to help Canadians grow.

I have a question. we are about to get our Platinum Powerseller rating, how many other Platinum or that brass ring of Titanium sellers are there in canada, we have hovered at the silver/gold for almost a year and this december was our 1 year anniver of selling on ebay.

We do not claim to know everything, but we can truely help if its needed.

Our goal is to make Canada ebays sellers capital. out shine the USA, and drive those costs we all suffer from down.
Message 182 of 235
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
"Our goal is to make Canada ebays sellers capital. out shine the USA, and drive those costs we all suffer from down."

Can I have some of what you're smoking please? 😉 :^O

Sheer population alone makes that an impossibility nevermind the myriad of other advantages including product choice, availability and shipping. Canada will NEVER outdo American sellers.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 183 of 235
latest reply

comics-rock
Community Member
Hi, I live in Burlington and relativly new to the selling game, so any tips would be very handy. Thanks.
Message 184 of 235
latest reply

Possibilty however we do have advantages, we have been selling for approx 12 months in real time and have over 2000 feedback and over 3000 transactions, we buy and sell the same as our neighbours in the USA, you just have to be more creative,

We have a shipping depot in Detroit which is almost operational, sales are managed here but product is shipped from a small warehouse there,

Population has no factor, the purpose of ebay is to remove those distance barriers that canadian retailer have to contend with, we by the end of this money will have over 50 local business using our POS/Ebay/Ecommerce system to give their products access to more than the person driving by

You really sound canadian. "can't be done" "can't be changed" "so why try"

If you want, you must create, whats not there, not to compete but to obsolete.
Message 185 of 235
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Oh hey, don't get me wrong. I wish everyone all the success in the world. I was trying to be funny. But I do think saying you want Canada to be the eBay sellers capital is unrealistic. Not a thing wrong with trying but it's an unattainable goal.

They have a larger population than we do. More Americans are eBay sellers than Canadians are and there are more US sellers than Canadian ones. Unless the few Canadian sellers can accumulate more sales than their US counterparts there's not a chance in the world you'll make Canada the eBay seller capital.

eBay Canada and Canadian sellers are barely a blip on the radar. I hardly think think you're going to make US sellers obsolete. Several countries rank higher in sales than we do. Germany and UK come to mind off the top of my head. I can't remember where I saw the list of sales by country or I'd post the link. I think it was on Auction Bytes though.

I know darn well I'm a small fry but at least I'm realistic. You may think that eBay is removing barriers and borders but you're wrong. They are building them. eBay is becoming more regional every day. I don't like it, but that's what I see. Putting one's head in the sand pretending that's not the case doesn't change anything.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 186 of 235
latest reply

I am in the Hamilton / Niagara Falls area and just recently started following some posts here, so missed out on the Feb meeting.
Message 187 of 235
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Heading down to the PESA meeting in the US to check out their organization. Talked to a few people to date with PEAS and will be updating on my own research in a few weeks.
Message 188 of 235
latest reply

*stealthtech*
Community Member
I am in Kawartha Lakes, Ontario and looking for some more information; sean@sell-ur-stuff.com Thank you!

Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Message 189 of 235
latest reply

We're in the Montreal area, new PSers, I read through the whole thread and saw a few other Montreal folks. Always interested in networking. Thanks for all the work you've done!
Message 190 of 235
latest reply

mcmdinc
Community Member
Hi
Please add me to the list. I'm in the Oakville/Burlington area. mcmdinc@cogeco.ca
Thanks!
Matt
Message 191 of 235
latest reply

Hey FITZs remember to have some fun at the PESA meeting and be sure to keep a look out for any eBaY Corporate guys / gals - make sure you spike their drinks -- alot!!!

Have FUN!!!

TIM @ FTL
Message 192 of 235
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Been to the Pesa meeting and it was very informative. It gave me further insight how to take my ebay business to the next level.
Message 193 of 235
latest reply

I am from Stratford, Ontario. I have skimmed through the whole thread anticipating the next meeting. Will there be one soon? I would love to attend!
Judy
Message 194 of 235
latest reply

*stealthtech*
Community Member
I too am looking to see where/when the next meeting will be? I am interested in attending :-D Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com

Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Message 195 of 235
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Hi to all

Just getting back in gear after the conference in Chicago.

Input for a meeting date would be great due to everyones time constraints and ebay activities.

Any suggestions on topics of discussion would be greatly appreciated.

I will require that all who are planning on attending make a contribution in advance to cover any accommodations for a group meeting.

I am requesting the contribution to try a get a commitment from all who are planning or who have indicating they are planning on attending.

Let me know

Al

fitzheueninternational@yahoo.ca
Message 196 of 235
latest reply

segurotech-com
Community Member
If you are going to Boston Live i will be happy to set up a meeting with you. I'm from Mississauga, Ontario and i'm looking forward to Boston next month. I think you'll find the cream of the crop at the show is the best way to network. The forums are ok but the industry shows is where you really really wanna be to expand, especially forming a canadian alliance with powersellers.
SEGUROTECH
Message 197 of 235
latest reply

eureka9988
Community Member
I am going to sunny Florida for two weeks - be back June 2nd. I too will be at EBay Live in June. Would love to hear about the Chicago trip!
Renee
Message 198 of 235
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Hi Segurotech

I am not planning on attending the ebay conference in Boston after attending the Pesa conference in Chicago and the ebay University In Toronto. I figured my budget for this year has been spent for conferences. I do not see the value in attending the Boston conference this year. I meet with some of the key execs in Chicago from ebay and paypal. I found them less than receptive to operational concerns from myself or the group of platinum and titanium sellers who attended the Pesa conference.
Message 199 of 235
latest reply

zawe123
Community Member
Hi i'm located in Calgary Alberta.
Message 200 of 235
latest reply