*** Canadian PowerSellers: Take the PowerSeller Challenge ***

bugsy@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello PowerSellers,

This year, Canadian PowerSellers (excluding residents of the province of Quebec), will be eligible to participate in the PowerSeller Challenge Sweepstakes.

I will be watching the boards and look forward to your feedback on the sweepstakes.

Thanks and good luck,
Bugsy

Below is an announcement from the US PowerSeller Team:

*** PowerSellers: Take the PowerSeller Challenge – Earn Money Back and a Chance to Win US$1,500!***

Hi everyone…We're pleased to announce the PowerSeller Challenge! An exciting addition to this year’s holiday season. The PowerSeller Challenge celebrates your drive and determination, making it more rewarding than ever to grow your business on eBay this holiday season.

If you’re a PowerSeller, register now for the eBay PowerSeller Challenge & Sweepstakes and receive your personalized sales target for the six week challenge period (November 15 - December 26, 2007). Your personalized sales target is based on your previous sales history over the last 12 months.

Grow your business – and earn money back!
Beat your personalized sales target and get 1% back. Get 1.5% back if your Detailed Seller Ratings meet certain thresholds – the difference between your target and your eligible sales during the challenge period. Plus, all participants will be entered for a chance to win one of ten $1,500US cash prizes!

We’re pleased to let you know that this year’s challenge considers your sales on eBay.com, eBay Express, Half.com, eBay Motors Parts & Accessories and eBay.ca in both the calculation of sales targets and eligible sales towards the target. The following listings are excluded: Live Auctions, Ad Format, Vehicles, Real Estate and Business & Industrial Capital Equipment. (Get full terms and conditions for the Challenge and official rules for the Sweepstakes.)

PowerSellers rank among the most successful eBay sellers in terms of product sales volume and customer satisfaction. We're proud to recognize and reward their success and significant contributions to the growth of the eBay Community.

Do you qualify to be a PowerSeller? It's not too late to join!
If you qualify to be a PowerSeller, but haven't yet accepted your invitation to the PowerSeller Program, it's not too late. (Learn more about the eligibility requirements.) We encourage you to join the program by signing up at the PowerSeller Portal. Members of the PowerSeller Program receive many benefits all year round including recognition and priority customer support. To participate in the PowerSeller Challenge & Sweepstakes, invitations to the PowerSeller program must be accepted by November 30, 2007.

Sincerely,
Edurne Jorda
Seller Development
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

facestation
Community Member
Ok so they just gave me a figure of $15,000 more then what we do now and said thats the target to meet, heck i wouldnt even want money from eBay if I could actually do $15k more...lol

Such a stupid contest, ooooh $1500... I can buy 819 double cheeseburgers at mickey d's

Moez
Message 21 of 51
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
I got to do 47,000 in sales for my big honkin 400.00 cheque from ebay. Ill prolly meet it no problem but really not much of pat on the back .

Gosh really they outta treat powersellers better Like Fee Reductions for meeting diffrent powerseller tier's and stop killing canadian powersellers / ebayers on canadian dollar exchange for listing omg im spending like 500.00 a month in that crap.

Gosh whats up with the "titanium" powerseller teir its so unreachable 125,000 k a month i need a freaking army to reach that and 100 new ideas of items to sell .
Message 22 of 51
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
I can't even register...i tried when it first came out, it said i couldn't register, forget the reasoning...something about dates, called ebay, she said it was likely because i changed my user id and to try again in a couple of days, i tried again today, still can't...forget it..not worth my trouble...
Kat
Message 23 of 51
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
I changed my user name and it worked fine . Like 4 days b4 i signed up .
Message 24 of 51
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
really...i wonder why mine isn't working...i noticed the email i received (the invite to the ps challenge) had my old user id on it, so it must be that...it doesn't matter...i don't care for some reason...:-)
Kat
Message 25 of 51
latest reply

I find this promo a joke from the looks of it my goal is about 10,000 in sales in 6 weeks, looks like they just doubled my avg sales.

Wow i win 1500.00 not a big deal to me, I will rack up that much in ebay fees, so whats the point.

Being a power seller is just pointless, all it does is push us to sell more, which makes ebay more money they we would make.

Join my contest, for every 10,000 dollars sale you do, I will charge .20 cents for every listing, so you can win one free cookie (no local pickups).

Power sellers get treated like garbage by ebay canada. There is nothing in it for us, why do we bother.
Thanks.

Sukh
(IComic.ca)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 26 of 51
latest reply

I was going to sign up and read the fine print before clicking on I agree and I'm not eligible because i'm from Quebec .. *sigh* 😞
Message 27 of 51
latest reply

Given how much money eBaY rakes in every hour of everyday you would think they could have easily offered a decent amount - like lets say $100,000 or even 50,000.

eBaY is like a rich uncle that sends you a pair of socks for xmas.

Thanks eBaY (for nothing)
Message 28 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Hmmm.... 14 days now since Edurne Jorda(Bugsy) has posted here. Someone must have taught her the Ebay mantra: Announce, invite discussion, ignore.... Repeat.
Message 29 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
I hope you have at least mentioned to the Ebay Gods up there at Mount Olympus, that the peasants think their promotion sucks a bag of rotten tomatoes.
Message 30 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
All I want for Christmas is my arm and my leg back, which is what Ebay fees cost me this year!!!
Message 31 of 51
latest reply

"eBaY is like a rich uncle that sends you a pair of socks for xmas."

Nice Point.

"Someone must have taught her the Ebay mantra: Announce, invite discussion, ignore.... Repeat. "

Nice Point.

I love the power seller challenge, I can barly hold my happiness.....(flush's the toliet). Thanks.

Sukh
(Dream About Comics)

Thanks.

Sukh
(IComic.ca)

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

ddc*stuff
Community Member
I didnt sign up , this is a slow time of year for me and this year is even worse since ebay is directing buyers to outside links .. but free money is nice.. its better than nothing
Message 33 of 51
latest reply

ebay is promoting offsite sites

Why does eBay do this when they include in all emails to buyers warning them against buying from us off eBay? They want their cake and eat it too.
Message 34 of 51
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Any one know where you check the status of this whole challange i already met my goal now what ? Do i have to wait till march to get my money ?
Message 35 of 51
latest reply

paultheriault
Community Member
centralmetalcorp go there and sign in

http://ebay.promotionexpert.com/powerseller2007/index.html

QUESTION?
Can someone explain how you figure out the 4.5 percent thing in order to qualify for the 1.5%

Your PowerSeller Challenge

The chart below shows your PowerSeller Challenge sales** target for the 6-week period between November 15 and December 26, 2007. If you surpass this target, you will receive:

A credit equal to 1% of the difference between your individual sales target and your actual eligible sales during the 6-week PowerSeller Challenge.

If your Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) scores are equal to or greater than 4.5 in all four DSR scores, and the average of all four DSR scores is equal to or greater than 4.8, then you will receive a credit equal to 1.5% (instead of the 1% credit) of the difference between your individual target and your actual eligible sales for this period.
Bookmark this page and check back often to monitor your success!

Your sales target is calculated based on your highest 6-week period of eligible sales over the last year, increased by 10%. We’ve only considered your previous eligible sales for the PowerSeller Challenge. Live Auctions, Ad Format Listings, Real Estate, Vehicle and Business & Industrial Capital Equipment sales are not included in the calculation since they are not eligible for this promotion.

**Eligible Sales include eBay.com, eBay Express
Message 36 of 51
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
It's an average of the 4 star scores. For example:

4.9 Item as Described
4.8 Communication
4.8 Shipping Time
4.6 Shipping Cost
-----
19.1 Total
/4
-----
4.775 Average

In other words...I'd qualify for the credit but not the 1.5%.

Monique

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

paultheriault
Community Member
oh ok thanks i wasnt sure. all my 4 star systems are above 4.5 so my average will make me qualify as im over 4000 over my target
thanks
Message 38 of 51
latest reply

bugsy@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello PowerSellers,

Thank you for all of your feedback on this promotion to date.

I have been following the board discussions on this promotion. Also, I have received several emails from PowerSellers - both positive and negative.

Some of you have mentioned that your targets were not realistically achievable. Also, some have mentioned that the actual financial incentive was not strong enough to motivate you to hit the set target. Given this is the first year Canadian PowerSellers were included, I will be sure that your feedback will be brought up when I review the Canadian reaction to the promotion with the US PowerSeller team. This way, we can hopefully improve our offering for PowerSellers the next time around.

Please continue to let me know any additional feedback on the contest.

Happy Selling!
Bugsy 🙂
Message 39 of 51
latest reply

webmistresskat
Community Member
if I sell stuff listed in my store that still counts towards it too doesn't it?
Message 40 of 51
latest reply