How can I claim about seller

yslee123
Community Member
I bought a jacket from this seller on Jul. 27.2015. But I still didn't get this item.

1. I asked to this seller what happened and they suggest me two options(resend or refund) .
2. I choose re-sending but they didn't kept their promise for 3 weeks.
3. I asked refund them about this item and I got a mail that money was refunded.
4. But that's not true, because they asked me my paypal account only after I demanded them.
5. And they didn't refund and reply till now.

please let me know what can I do.
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

this transaction took place in july 27 its now november wow thats like over 3 months ago not sure but dont think you can do anything now you can try and contact pay pal not sure if they can help now or not but worth a try

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'yslee123',

One of the first things you need to know when shopping on ebay is that when an item is clearly not going to arrive, - never accept a promise of a replacement.

Promising to send a replacement is a way of tricking you into waiting until there is nothing more you can do.  That way the seller gets to keep both the item and the money.  One very-far-away country is particularly bad for that, - worse than all the others combined.  

Even if a seller does not offer a choice and only offers to send a replacement for an item that has not arrived, you must politely decline and ask for a refund.  You may tell the seller that once you have the refund back, you will re-buy the item.  

And by all means, buy it again, - from a different seller.  

You have a low feedback score and I suspect the seller was confident that you would not know how to seek compensation.  This includes the seller assuring you that you have been refunded when you can see for yourself it has not been done.  

For future reference, have a look at the following ebay 'help' link outlining what to do regarding a problem transaction.  Note the bit on Timelines where it says, You must open the request within 30 days of the estimated delivery date:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

This next link further explains about timelines for seeking redress:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#timelines

So it is too late for help from ebay.  However, paypal offers you 180 days in which to file a claim.  Section 13.2 of the Purchase Protection pages says you need to, "open a dispute within 180 Days of the date you sent the payment".

The following link tells you all about that:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=CA&locale.x=en_CA#13

180 days is nearly 6 months.  If there is still time to get that underway, do it now.  

Your only other option is if you paid with a credit card, you can try calling the 1-800 number on the back of the card and asking about a chargeback.  You will need all the receipts, transaction details, and copies of emails with the seller in order to do this.  

So have a look at those links and familiarize yourself with the ebay/payal policies on where and how to get help,  and make sure this never happens to you again.

Best of luck. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Go to your paypal account today and find the transaction within your Account Activity, and then go to the Resolution Centre to open an Item Not Received Case. You'll get your money back. ebay has only a 30-day guarantee while paypal is 180 days from purchase.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply