How to remove fake detailed seller ratings?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is right place to ask my question. But got tired of calling Customer Service and describing same thing again and again without any result. I agree all representatives are nice people, but they are limited with procedures and can't solve an issue.

Recently I got 4 fake positive feadbacks with low detailed seller ratings. It is 4 one star rating for each DSR point. These feedbacks are left from 2 different fake ebay users which of course belong to one person. All feedbacks are left at the same time with one minute difference. Such kind of feedbacks are left to 3 other sellers two. Buyer never paid for the item and just after one hour left such kind of feedback "Horrible service, junk product, fake earbuds,NOT APPLE, 40 day shipping you suck". And the same kind of feedbacks are left for others sellers. 

It's almost one week left. Buyer didn't pay. And eBay customer service doesn't want to remove this feedbacks with low DSRs. I'm also 90% sure who is the real seller who created that two fake users. I have pointed them that user and hopefuly investigation are going. I understand there are policies and procedures to remove feedbacks and DSRs, but can eBay officaly tell me if leaving fake feedbacks and DSRs is allowed and legal on eBay? If not why you can't remove that? If yes, that means I can leave fake feedbacks to other sellers without any problem and that is the only way to win competetion on eBay.

I appreciate any response, comment or sharing your experience here. How to deal with such situations? And still I want official response from the eBay.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: How to remove fake detailed seller ratings?

It's up to you of course.

You don't have to give the U.S. free shipping as well. If you are using lettermail within Canada you can use light packet post to the U.S. Under 100 grams - $2.65 + tax

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Shipping within Canada is pretty high too. Since you consider your products cheap, consider using LetterMail and Light Packet for shipping (the items have to be under 500 grams and 2cm thick).

Since these are not insurable or trackable, you should add a few pennies for Cookie Jar Insurance. That is a tiny premium on every shipment that goes in the virtual cookie jar to pay the occasional claim for damage or non-delivery. Don't get upset that some of those claims are specious, at 17 cents a minute your time is more valuable than the occasional scam.

You can add a Response to those negatives, btw. The most effective Responses are calm and factual. No vulgarity, no CAPS, no exc!amat!on marks!!. Make the other guy look like a drooling anger monkey.  Something like. "Item not paid or sent. Odd."

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Light Packet looks good option I'll go for that. For domestic I currently use LetterMail.

Just with one question about DSR I got so many useful information. Highly appreciated.

Related my problem it looks like there is no hope from Customer Service. They continue their lies and promising each time a callback from supervisor. It's maybe part of procedure to lie and don't waste time. 

I'm pretty sure if they find a fraud where they loose just one cent, they will do everything to fix that. Now if they fix that problem and I get my top rated back they will loose money. So they want me to provide best customer service to achieve top rated status, but they show me the worst example.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Good news. Everything is resolved, even every person in Customer Service was telling me that it is not possible.

Thanks to Kalvin and other people who helped me with this issue.

All three users including the seller who probably managed this headache are removed from eBay, all feedbacks are removed and most interesting and important thing that all DSRs related to these feedback are disappeared.

It wasn't easy and pretty stressful to get results, but finally we can see that eBay solves such kind of issues and supportes sellers too. The only thing is that, like in all huge companies, in eBay there is the same problem of dealing with non standard problems and situations. Employees are tied with procedures.

Thanks everyone.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@e-marketplus wrote:

All three users including the seller who probably managed this headache are removed from eBay, all feedbacks are removed and most interesting and important thing that all DSRs related to these feedback are disappeared.

That is good news, and especially the removal of the DSRs.  This is how it should work, but unfortunately we have to remember we're dealing with a huge company with millions of users and not very useful Customer Service phone reps. Kalvin and the others at .ca are lifesavers.  

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Good news. Everything is resolved

Congrats!

Message 26 of 26
latest reply