I am a PS. What is my next step?

I haven't been selling for long and so far have just listed auctions and B.I.N.'s. I haven't yet opened a store or subscribed to any selling managers or other eBay tools. I am going to the eBay University in Toronto next month to take the "Beyond the Basics" seminar. I would like to know a little more before I go. Any suggestions as to what tools or other programs that will help to grow and manage my business would be appreciated. I have heard that there are programs outside of eBay, like Auctiva, that are useful too. I will eventually be adding more and different kinds of products as well.
Thanks! Judy
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

katiusciav
Community Member
hi judy, coming here is a great place to hang out for very VALUABLE information and advice from some very long time ps'er's-treasure-pot, zarzuella, recped and whoscloset...don't forget tea_past_times...be sure to read his advice too 😉
i've probably learned more here than any seminar can give me...
Kat
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Hi Kat,
I have been reading quite a few of the posts and have learned a lot already. This is my first month as a PS and I am willing to learn! I figure the seminar can't hurt and it isn't that far away. I just wondered what tools other sellers found helpful and which ones to stay away from. Thanks for your input!
Judy
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Judy - there are many tools available for eBaY all you have to do is do a search via GOOGLE using a few KEYWORDS.

Do not rely to much on other peoples opinions. The way you do business is not the same as the way others do business. What worked for them may not work for you and what did not work for them may work quite nicely for you.

This forum is a great place to get advice and the users KAT reference are all well experienced and will give you good advice.

Below is some examples of search results from GOOGLE with software you might find useful.

http://www.vicman.net/lib/ebay-utilities.htm
http://www.marketblast.com
htttp://www.auctiva.com
http://www.andale.com
http://www.cobsc.org/en/ <-- Excellent Ontario Gov. Site for Small Businesses
http://www.surfpack.com/software/ebayutilities/
http://www.ebcalc.com/ <-- Great Online eBay Fee Calculator

I hope you find the above information useful and good luck with your business - much success.

TIM @ FTL
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

*stealthtech*
Community Member
Thank you TIM for those links... some I never heard of or used before... I like th fee calclulator!

Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Thanks Tim,
I will look them up and see what will work for me. I really appreciate the help! This board is great. I hope I can keep up the PS status just to access it. And it is nice to get to know everyone!
Judy
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
hi judy, coming here is a great place to hang out for very VALUABLE information and advice from some very long time ps'er's-treasure-pot, zarzuella, recped and whoscloset...don't forget tea_past_times...be sure to read his advice too
But remember if you are not agree with them they simply boot you from powerseller board!!!
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Oops! I'll put on a good act!! Thanks for the warning! (LOL) Judy
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Judy, you can safely ignore that last piece of advice. You do not get booted from the PS board for disagreeing with others but you can if you direct email threats of physical harm to other PS'ers using the eBay EFS.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Hmmm.... Some of you power sellers are a rowdy bunch!
I've read some of the threads over the last couple of months and must say I found them informative and some entertaining. I did learn however you have to watch your spelling, punctuation and be articulate.....Or you can get slammed!
Have a great day, give up the threats(especially against me) because they are not cool, and enjoy ebay!
This is a great place to do business.

Keep it fun, honest and simple!
Andrew
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Since I measure a whole 4 ft. 11 1/2" with my shoes on, I don't think anyone would take a physical threat from me seriously anyway! Did you know they said on the news recently that vertically challenged people live longer than tall people? I guess that is because we get more exercise. It takes twice as many steps to get anywhere!
Judy
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I know now why Randy Newman(The songwriter/musician) hated "Short People".... He was jealous!!!! LOL

Andrew
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I remember that song! "Short people have no reason to live". That got my back up causing me to grow 3 inches!
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

If that were really true, Men all over the world would be listening to that song! LOL!!!!!
I'm so bad!!!!!!!
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I only open my mouth to change feet! You are bad!!!! LOL The song said "short people", not.........!!
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Nothing wrong with a little bit of humor on a saturday afternoon.
What was the topic again?
LOL

Andrew
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
You do not get booted from the PS board for disagreeing with others but you can if you direct email threats of physical harm to other PS'ers using the eBay EFS
Do you get one. No. Why you write this!!!Another lie!!
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
Why you are lying? What is push you to do that?
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
I know why you and your team always clean power seller's board from power sellers who is not agree with you because you just can't handle if somebody is just smarter then you.
Example: how many hours this post will stay on power seller board. I bet you couple hours before it will be report and removed!!!
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
But thank you, now I know that it is against eBay rules to remove posts which don't have any violence!
Removing posts with out reason is:
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
Listing cancellation
Limits on account privileges
Account suspension
Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
Loss of PowerSeller status
Message 20 of 22
latest reply