I feel sick. Canada Post whole bunch of missing / item not received.

I mailed out a whole ton of items on Oct 3 and 4th.  Due to the obvious expense of tracking I opt to use discount postage stamps to save money - I've done this for years with seldom an issue.

Well this lot of shipments in early October, almost all of them have mysteriously disappeared, not shown up, a few have shown up very late.  I don't know what the heck is going on??? I'm thinking a Canada Post plane or truck went up in flames or someone at the Post Office stole the whole lot (unlikely)

Has anyone else experienced an unusual amount of lost packages lately?  I guess there is nothing I can do, I have no proof of postage purchase as I used stamps.  Is there even any point of contacting CP about this?

I just feel sick about it.

Message 1 of 122
latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

@i.am.vivian wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

When stuff goes missing -- report it to Canada Post. This enables them to see loss patterns and spot problem areas that need investigating.

These are links swiped from other posts but I thought they were all interesting to watch and a good reminder that this sort of thing really does happen:

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-worker-off-the-job-after-alleged-package-theft-1.3175320

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6aIPIsUE5I

and my favorite  🙂  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM3SRG7D21Y

Yep. That's what I pack for. (Tossed parcels, not theft.) All sellers should watch those as soon as they list their first item for online sale. 

Message 121 of 122
latest reply

What similarities are there in the purchases that go missing?

Are they all from one country?

What kind of mailbox do you have? Community? End of driveway? By door? In door? Apartment house?

If they are consistently from one country, then the problem is there.

There is a scam mostly from China, where inexpensive items are just never shipped.

Since some customers will forget their low cost order after a month has passed and others won't know how to open a Dispute, the seller keeps the money for doing nothing.

And if the buyer does go to resolution, an offer of a replacement, which also never arrives, will fob off quite a few until the dispute deadline passes.

It's not that Chinese sellers are less honest than any other, but there are a heck of a lot of them. Just as there are a heck of a lot of US buyers and sellers report more problems with them than with other nationalities.

Then there is 'porch theft' which is basically people stealing parcels after delivery. We might include theft by contract workers during the holiday period here.

And lowest would be employee theft before delivery, because it wouldn't take too many reports to put a postmaster on notice that something was up on a given postal walk.

Message 122 of 122
latest reply