I'm BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK !!!

tea_past_times
Community Member
Hey everybody, what's up. Phil Here !! I am a Powerseller again, with many interesting stories from the last year to share. Ask me what I know about Ebay. I'm eager to share(privately of course). Hope all your businesses are doing great. - PHIL
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Hi Phil

Nothing has changed when you post a topic and all of the party faithfully are all over you like white on rice.

As usual topics get continually diverted, and bickering prevails.

YAHOO !!!

Fitz
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Hey Phil. The boards haven't been very entertaining since you left.... Now if someone could just resurrect Vitalli(bestshowtime)!
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Been keeping a low profile as not much happening worth noting in the Seller forum.

Fizt
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Good morning Buckingham, Fitz. How's it going today? Just got my income taxes done. Anyone who needs to do that regarding their Ebay doings, will find that getting records for years past is fast and easy at Paypal. I was able to order years worth of records, to claim back all the refunds I've given, as well as the tons of Ebay and Paypal fees I've paid. It's well worth the time to get your records from Paypal and see what deductions you can claim. I'm getting a refund, small but a refund just the same. I have to say, if Paypal does anything right, it's sending you your financials. Quick easy and detailed.

How are your taxes coming. I'm done and filed yesterday. Hooray !!

-PHIL
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Where is Phil and how did you hijack his account? 😉
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

These boards have been pretty dead since you left. Good to have you back. Hope your business is doing good. Give us your stories need some entertainment.

Frederic
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Ok, how about a joke?

Question: Why is there no CSI Newfoundland?

Answer: Because everyone's DNA is Identical !!
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Question: What do you a call a boomerang that won't come back when you throw it?

Answer: A Stick
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Question: Why did the monkey fall our of the tree?

Answer: Because it was dead !
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
"our" should read "out"

Sorry I can't be more entertaining. Oh gee there's Britney at the door, with Lindsey Lohan, and they have a bottle of tequila and no "you know what" on. Gotta go !!
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Where is Phil and how did you hijack his account?....

And guess what? I am even driving WITH insurance this year !!
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Go Ahead! Audit Me! Make my Day !!!
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Question: Why are Newfie jokes so simple?

Answer: So you Mainlanders can understand them!

So....... How was the Tequila?
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Tell Lindsey thanks but she can have her "you know what"s back ...... I'm finished flossing my teeth! :^O

buck
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

Yup, it tea alright! 🙂
Bernie
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Good Morning!!

Recently 4 auctioneers in our area got together AND HAD A SECRET Meeting and decided they would all charge a 10% buyer's premium at their sales. This had not been done before. They are:

LEO STOCK, Stock Auctions, Stratford Ontario.
Gary Jantzi, Jantzi Auctions, Wellesley, Ontario.
Murray Gerber, Gerber Auctions, Wellesley, Ontario.
Doug Jacob's, Jacob's Auction Center, Mitchell, Ontario

This is price fixing, just as bad as what gas companies do !!

I am circulating the following letter far and wide:

PLEASE DONATE TO THE STARVING AUCTIONEERS FUN(D)
Recently, it has come to public attention, that there is a crisis in the Auctioneering business. It seems that to keep Gerber Auctions, Stock Auctions, Jacob Auctions, and Jantzi auctions, out of the poorhouse, drastic actions are needed. It seems that despite decades of raking in the dough, the poor dears have now somehow, someway, fallen on the hardest of times. It seems we, the customer are mostly to blame.
It seems that some customers, don’t bid as much as they used to, perhaps because of a lack of employment or a depletion in the investment funds held. This unwillingness to overspend, due to a lack of funds, is so seriously hampering the aforementioned auctioneers, that they may have at some point to consider becoming employed themselves.
I am sure you would agree, that the thought of an auctioneer doing any sort of physical labour themselves, is a horrifying image. Can any imagine Murray Gerber saying “would you like fries with that.” The picture in my mind of Doug Jacob, in a Walmart greeters uniform, scares me more, than the tailor hired to make such a garment would be. And what would be the result of Leo Stock cleaning a washroom?(hopefully starting with the ones at the auction house). Will we have to see Gary Jantzi, at the side of the road, a cart full of eggs from his egg farm for sale?
I am sure you will agree, these things, just must not happen. Auctioneers, actually working for a living, is I’m sure, not something anyone ever wants to see. What would be the effect of someone who has always had the pleasure of watching others work, while collecting 25% off the top, actually doing something useful themselves?? I mean, they might actually start to understand the common man and his position. They might lose their sense of entitlement. They might actually get to thinking that the world doesn’t actually OWE them a living.
Can you imagine being on an assembly line with a former auctioneer?? Someone who can talk for 6 hours straight, without saying one word that can be understood? Help Me !!
Now a few more thoughts: We can’t have any auctioneers embarrassing themselves by owning less property, smaller houses, older cars, or second hand clothing. This would be too much. Auctioneers are not like us!! They must make money on every single thing they do in life! It’s the natural order of things. And think about the extravagant Christmas parties, thrown by auctioneers for their customers each December. Without your help, there will be no free cup of coffee in a paper cup, at Jacob’s. No bowl of candy on the counter at Stock’s. No bag of caramels at Jantzi’s, no plate of cookies at Gerber’s. These things cost money you know!!
Now it is time for you to step up and atone, for not bidding ridiculously and expensively as you have done for some 30 years now, faithfully year after year. You must make a donation to the Starving Auctioneers fund! Give as generously as they have given to you. Please choose a donation amount and hand this form and your cash to one of the aforementioned auctioneers:

I pledge the following amount, as a token of how seriously I take this crisis(circle one)

1. Less than Nothing
2. Nothing
3. Let’s call it Even
4. My 2 cents worth(want it now)
5. 10% of Nothing
6. Everything I bought at your sale that was broken, chipped, cracked.
7. Free Coffee once a year
8. I offer to help move stuff for you(for a price)
9. You still Owe me.
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Geez, we in the west have had the 10% surcharge for years along with the PST of 7% and GST.

Must be nice that they are only thinking of this now.

I haven't been to the auction lately but I think the buyer's premium is now at 12%.

So before you buy add 24% to the price you bid.

Just my 2¢

Have a great day!!!! 😉
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Everything costs more out West these days. Good thing you can afford it. By the way I've lived in Irricana, Alberta, Cochrane Alberta, and Calgary, Alberta. (Between 1995-1998) Remember the $5.00 minimum wage??
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

So what's the difference Minimum wage in 2009 is only $8 out west, and there is still the high cost of living.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply