I'm sure this has been asked before but why is there not a separate choice for US shipping and int'l

I am in Canada. I haven't listed on Ebay in a number of years. Before, I used to list on Ebay. com and there were two separate places to add a shipping price for US shipping and for int'l shipping (as well as a price for Canadian shipping.) Now, when I try to list from Ebay.com there are only USPS or UPS shipping options listed so I guess Ebay automatically thinks I live in the US when I try to list on Ebay.com?  Whatever, so then I tried listing from Ebay.ca and I'm limited to choosing a shipping price for US OR for int'l.

I can't seem to add a shipping price for both of these options, separately. I can't figure this out. I used to put a price for Canada, then I'd put a price for the entire USA and then I'd add a price for everywhere else. Can anyone tell me how to do this? From what I can see, I can only add a separate price for Canada and the US and then I have to write somewhere in the listing "I'll be happy to ship internationally, please email me for a price."  But I don't want to make an int'l buyer do this. Can anyone help?  Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm sure this has been asked before but why is there not a separate choice for US shipping and int'l

when I try to list from Ebay.com there are only USPS or UPS shipping options listed so I guess Ebay automatically thinks I live in the US when I try to list on Ebay.com?

Yes.

EBaydotCOM only supports US based shipping options for detailed or Calculated shipping.

But scroll down the list to near the end. There is also an option for Shipped from a Foreign Land. Not exactly those words, but I was doing this yesterday so I know it is there.

You have to give Flat Rate shipping, so it is not too good for Canada, which has Regional shipping rates, but  there are multiple ways of dealing with the rest of the world

BTW, did you notice that eBaydotCOM gives an option for International and for Canada? Many American sellers don't. Silly them.

From what I can see, I can only add a separate price for Canada and the US

Under International Shipping, click on Canada. Enter your info.

Now look again. See the blue link for Choose another destination (again may not be the words). Click there.

Voila! Now instead of Canada choose Custom Destination.

Click on the countries you want to ship to.

If you want to charge one Flat Rate for Europe and another for Australia and Japan, first click on the named European countries and fill in the Flat Rate you will charge.

Then back to Choose Another Destination which once again is a blue link at the bottom of the section.

This time choose the other destinations, Australia and Japan. Fill in the Flat Rate for those.

And go on to the next section.

Just take your time. And don't take my words too literally, I really should be listing but got distracted. Maybe someone will supply screeenshots.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks so much for your response. I'm relieved to know that this is still possible, but I still can't figure out how to do it. When you give your examples, are you talking about Ebay.ca or Ebay.com?  When I'm using Ebay.ca, there is an option for int'l or USA, but once I've filled in the values, I can't seem to then choose another country. I can't see any blue button that you mention. I really appreciate your help!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are probably using the simple listing form. On the top right side of that page there is a link to switch to the advanced form which has multiple options for international shipping.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

OMG thank you. Those two sentences you wrote just saved my life. My Ebay life anyway. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply