Item Location CA Warehouse Canada but shipped from the elsewheres

gbm97
Community Member

Hi. Been off ebay for awhile but come back recently to buy something.

The seller was from China....boo, but in the shipping it stated that item location at CA Warehouse Canada...yea!

This was a buying factor so I bought it.

Now I get the items tracking number from N/L Tracking, Netherlands.

How does this work?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item Location CA Warehouse Canada but shipped from the elsewheres

In the short run, the important thing is that you know the purchase will be imported into Canada and might be subject to duty and Sales Taxes, as well as the carrier''s service charge.

The seller can be Reported for giving an incorrect location for the item.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I've seen this on quite a few auctions. Drop shippers. 

If they are honest, they will tell you item is coming from warehouse in China. But in your case, sounds like they lie about it.

One thing to note is that sometimes eBay is a bit tricky as I have seen listing that show up in "Canada Only" search that clearly show shipping as "Economy shipping from outside Canada". So be careful, it used to be as easy as clicking "Canada Only" in filters but now you can get sellers that drop ship etc. If the product looks Chinese (you learn to identify keywords and type of products) ask the seller first before buying if the item is physically located in Canada. I bought some tablets and laptop batteries from various sellers and some shipped from an Amazon warehouse, so some do have stock in Canada, others well...yeah. There are some sellers who have (rightly) earned negs from behaviors such as what you describe.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

In the short run, the important thing is that you know the purchase will be imported into Canada and might be subject to duty and Sales Taxes, as well as the carrier''s service charge.

The seller can be Reported for giving an incorrect location for the item.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you femmefan for your reply.

Will see how it plays out.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I've seen this on quite a few auctions. Drop shippers. 

If they are honest, they will tell you item is coming from warehouse in China. But in your case, sounds like they lie about it.

One thing to note is that sometimes eBay is a bit tricky as I have seen listing that show up in "Canada Only" search that clearly show shipping as "Economy shipping from outside Canada". So be careful, it used to be as easy as clicking "Canada Only" in filters but now you can get sellers that drop ship etc. If the product looks Chinese (you learn to identify keywords and type of products) ask the seller first before buying if the item is physically located in Canada. I bought some tablets and laptop batteries from various sellers and some shipped from an Amazon warehouse, so some do have stock in Canada, others well...yeah. There are some sellers who have (rightly) earned negs from behaviors such as what you describe.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks next time I will ask where the item is located if i'm unsure of the seller.

Plainly stated in the shipping delivery 2-16 business days, then after purchase sends message sounding typical Chinese.... item arrive 25 to 35 day once we ship. No package past 35 days contact us for reissue or refund.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

EBay allows 30 days from payment for a Dispute.

The seller seems to be trying to push buyers past that deadline.

However, Paypal allows Disputes for 180 days from payment.

The seller doesn't seem to understand that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_02k7LRMo

Heh heh heh.

If the item hasn't arrived by Day 28 after payment, and it may well arrive promptly, you can go to Dispute for Item Not Received..

I'd still be Reporting the seller.

Either he is dropshipping and misidentifying the location.

Or he is selling directly from Asia and misidentifying the location.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

EBay allows 30 days from payment for a Dispute.

The seller seems to be trying to push buyers past that deadline.

A dispute can be filed on eBay for up to 30 days after the estimated delivery date which is different than 30 days after payment.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Complicating matters, CA is the short form for California.

Look for the whole word Canada in the Item Location.

Regardless, your item sounds to be dropshipped. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Truth be told I have started to opt for purchasing from China. True it will take longer to get the item BUT most things come with free or shipping cost that are much cheaper than the GSP. Also many of the items sold on Ebay originate from China and sold from the US at inflated prices PLUS the expense of GSP. Have a look at Alibaba. It's a Chinese version of Ebay and I have never had a problem with refunds or returns. I have also found that many US sellers are buying from China and having items drop shipped to buyers and not telling the buyer. Hence many complaints from buyers about long wait times for items to be delivered.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply