Item tracking "accepted at post office" but lost by post, money back guarantee applies?

Hi, if the expedited package is listed as accepted at the post office (after electronic shipment info was received), but there are no further tracking updates and the package is not delivered and presumably lost by Canada post. Any hope to get money back through ebay/paypal? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item tracking "accepted at post office" but lost by post, money back guarantee applies

marnotom!
Community Member

How long has it been since the electronic shipping information was transmitted to Canada Post and how long has it been since you paid for the item?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Item tracking "accepted at post office" but lost by post, money back guarantee applies

This is a hypothetical situation that might happen, I have my reasons. Electronic info was submitted 3 days ago and item accepted at post office. Since then no updates. Why I ask this is that recently I shipped canada post and they lost my Xpresspost package, and the only status was "accepted". I may be worrying too much, but say the same scenario, package is listed accepted but does not reach me. Any way I will get my money from ebay/paypal?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@salmonito wrote:

Hi, if the expedited package is listed as accepted at the post office (after electronic shipment info was received), but there are no further tracking updates and the package is not delivered and presumably lost by Canada post. Any hope to get money back through ebay/paypal?

For a claim for a lost shipment, the seller has to file the claim with Canada Post to recover money.

The seller refunds the buyer through paypal/ebay.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As already noted, if you are the seller you would have to file a claim with Canada Post. If you are the buyer, then yes, you would receive your money back from Paypal or ebay as long as the tracking does not state that it has been delivered. Packages are not necessarily scanned at each location so hypothetical or not, not being scanned for 3 days isn't a reason to worry.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply