KALVIN - here is something to consider

It is now to the point with my sales that only about 30% of buyers are leaving feedbac

I only sell about 40 -50 items a year but the end amount dollar  total quite high.

I really don't care about the feedback - but the sales numbers do not reflect my actual sales. I would like buyers to be able to look at my total sales, not just the ones that gave me feedback.

If that was the case, I think, my sales would improve because buyers would have a much better idea of what I sell and how much.

So will eBay consider doing that?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Go to one of your listings.

Click on ... See other items.

Then click on ... Completed Listings  ... in left navigation column  at the very end of options... Show only...

This is on eBay.ca

On eBay.com  there is also a ,... Sold listings ... option.....

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

Go to one of your listings.

Click on ... See other items.

Then click on ... Completed Listings  ... in left navigation column  at the very end of options... Show only...

This is on eBay.ca

On eBay.com  there is also a ,... Sold listings ... option.....

'cumos' -- I think this solution may not be what 'rosscd' is after, because I'm not sure most buyers would know where or how to find it.  I hadn't thought of it until now myself.  Also, I believe the list that is presented is time-limited, i.e. perhaps only the last 90 days or so. 

I do agree with 'rosscd' that it would be nice for buyers to see right up front on a seller's FB page how many actual transactions that seller had processed over his whole history, and perhaps also over the past year.  I know this information is available to sellers in their dashboards, but that doesn't help buyers.  Obviously for sellers with huge volumes it wouldn't be quite so important, but for smaller "boutique" sellers it could be very meaningful.  

Conversely, I would imagine some buyers might see the discrepancy between actual transactions and transactions with FB as a negative thing, i.e. why is this seller not getting FB from most of his customers?  Would that impression effectively erase any advantage in having a buyer being able to see the total number of sold transactions?  I think many of us sellers are seeing a much lower FB response these days than in earlier years, so there might be a lot of sellers who would strongly oppose having the total transactions made visible to buyers.  

Something to consider on the other side of the equation. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I agree it would be nice for buyers to see the total number of items sold.  That's what they do on another site on which I sell and hardly anyone leaves feedback there.  It looks much better to buyers.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I think many of us sellers are seeing a much lower FB response these days than in earlier years, so there might be a lot of sellers who would strongly oppose having the total transactions made visible to buyers.  

Something to consider on the other side of the equation. 

I don't know - I think that feedback response is falling off for everybody. Quite a few of my new buyers have never left feedback for anyone, ever - and the rest have just stopped entirely.

I can't see why any seller would not want his total sales to be public and viewable.

I know that before I make a purchase I always take a look at what the seller has been selling recently - still think we should be able to take a look all sales.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I "think" ebay sees this. They are well aware that the rate of FB being left is dropping rapidly. I am down from 60% into the 30's.

FB, as a whole, is irrelevant. ebay conducted a poll about seller ratings, oh, couple months back. Thye were looking at all sorts of changes. They have gone very silent about it.

FB , for buyers, has been irrelevant for a full five years. Seller FB is being bought and sold, sellers are begging for pos's, DSR does not work. We know this. ebay knows this.

Let us watch and see what happens with the spring changes. It has been scary quiet the last several months.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

A side effect of less feedback left is less DSRS left. So a buyer will get less 5's to average out the less than 5 DSRS. A slightly unhappy buyer is more likely to leave lower DSRs.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

What bugs me about this whole scenario is that normally I don't sell before the holidays, for the obvious reason and also because I usually just don't do all that well before Christmas.

But this year I did begin early and darned if it didn't sell a lot of really nice totally restored  vintage radios -  but very few of them show up on a search of my Feedback and I think a lot of buyers look through your sales before they purchase.

It just bugs me.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

What bugs me about this whole scenario is that normally I don't sell before the holidays, for the obvious reason and also because I usually just don't do all that well before Christmas.

But this year I did begin early and darned if it didn't sell a lot of really nice totally restored  vintage radios -  but very few of them show up on a search of my Feedback and I think a lot of buyers look through your sales before they purchase.

It just bugs me.

Ross, an alternate view of that scenario is that it is an invasion of privacy. Customers have no business knowing what you sold, to whom, when, for how much. Go down to the local Chevy dealer and ask them for their sales records. Go to the dollar store and ask them what the sell, how much, when, etc.

Ya can't search by bidder on dot com any longer. That feature is still in "advanced" here on dot ca. That will go away.

I really do not think it is anyone's business what I have bought OR sold.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ya can't search by bidder on dot com any longer.

Actually you can, it's hidden, go to Advanced Search, click on "by seller" and "by bidder" will magically appear as a choice.

To the OP, most buyers if they even bother to look at feedback just skim the first page or two, wouldn't really matter if you had two, three or four times as much feedback.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

@rosscd57 wrote:

It just bugs me.

Ross, an alternate view of that scenario is that it is an invasion of privacy. Customers have no business knowing what you sold, to whom, when, for how much. Go down to the local Chevy dealer and ask them for their sales records. Go to the dollar store and ask them what the sell, how much, when, etc.

Ya can't search by bidder on dot com any longer. That feature is still in "advanced" here on dot ca. That will go away.

I really do not think it is anyone's business what I have bought OR sold.

In my experience businesses are very proud of their sales record and will go out of their way to tell you about it.

I am not sure that yours is not a really a good example - I can ask those who purchase from the Chevy dealer or the Dollar Store how they liked the purchase or the service. I can't do that on eBay.

However, really does not matter - cause right now anyone can look at what you, me, or anyone else has sold.

So until they change it - it is what it is.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply