New Listing format and "missing" other items from seller

This may save you a call to the support folks, assuming the answer I got is correct of course!

I use the "Find more items from the same seller" stuff quite a lot.

I've noticed that this is missing now on the new style listing format. It is supposed to be under the "related items and services" tab, but nothing shows when I look at it.

If I look at my listing under the old version of the listing format, it shows up just like it always has.

I phoned the support folks, they tell me that everyone else can see them under the "related items and services" tab but I can't. Apparently the support fellow signed in as me(?!?!) and had the same problem as me, but if he went in as him he saw them as he should.

So I guess we have to run a bit blind on the belief around what other people see of ours, it makes it a bit hard as the seller to know what it looks like to the average guy, but I guess it just adds to the eBay selling surprise list!
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It must have been harder to program it to make the mistake than it would have been to do it right the first time.

D'oh! -------------------------------------------------------------------

"To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can ever fight; and never stop fighting." -- e.e. cummings

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Are you looking for this?

View seller's other items

It right where it's always been and it doesn't matter which tab you are looking at.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No, I'm talking about the other items that show up automagically, they show up under find more items from the same seller on the old style. If you look at one of my lots new style you should see them under the "Related Items and Services" or so I am told, they don't show for me. If you go back to the previous listing style, they show up righ before the shipping and handling section (they're 12 scrollable gallery images with the title and the buy it now price)
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You are correct. the store gallery has been removed from the new view page.

It is not a mistake. eBay - in its wisdom (?????) - decided to have a more standard presentation - eliminating the special gallery offered by eBay store owners.

However, a similar gallery is available from third party suppliers.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Take a look at the eBay Store Discussion Board on eBay.com at this http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum/Ebay-Stores/21

You will find many store owners unhappy with the changes..
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi Pierre! I looked at the dialogues and I didn't see the exact same thing I'm talking about, the conversations I saw were about the store header and fewer things there.

I understood from the support fellow that the store gallery now shows unter the related items and services tab.

I can't check this, nor can anyone else because if we look at someone else's stuff we see it the old way still and the gallery is still there. I don't see it on mine.

I hope it does still show, otherwise I'll have to figure out other ways to get people to go to my store, or I'll have to use something like Auctiva, although I had hoped to avoid that or other options like a separate site which I had really hoped to avoid.

Time will tell, I guess I won't really know until we see what really happens in June!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

"I understood from the support fellow that the store gallery now shows unter the related items and services tab. "

I hope that guy is right because I do not see it.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If you search for an ebay seller named shipscript, his ME page has an HTML gallery that you can program with the items you want to feature.

Haven't tried it myself, but he's well-respected on the .com boards, so I have no doubt that it will work. -------------------------------------------------------------------

"To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can ever fight; and never stop fighting." -- e.e. cummings

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi Surplusdealdude! Wow there is a lot of stuff in there! I took a quick browse, I will be visiting that me page more, I'll have to decide what I need to do, once I see what really happens in June! Thankyou very much for passing this along!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply