Seller sends cancellation request for 4 items

Hey guys! Smiley Happy

Bought 4 USB drives from a Chinese seller who were listed as 64GB, 32 GB, 16GB and 128 GB.

Upon testing them, they only had ~8GB of useable space. Smiley Mad

I asked for a refund, got refunded the full amount and left a positive feedback.

1 week later, the seller sends 4 cancellation requests for those items.

That seems weird because for all for transaction, the seller refunded me the full amount I paid, left me a feedback and received a positive feedback by me. Why would he want to cancel this?

The annoying part is that the reason listed by the seller is: Buyer did not want the item. Smiley Frustrated

The real reason being the seller is a scammer selling fake high capacity drives...

If you believe eBay won't keep those cancellations in my record and they could be held against me in the future, I will accept those cancellation requests. If there is the smallest of risk, I'll refuse stating the items were fakes.

My gut feeling is that the seller is trying some trick to get his money back or at least get back at me...

What should I do?

Any help / input of this situation will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The annoying part is that the reason listed by the seller is: Buyer did not want the item. :smileyfrustrated:

The real reason being the seller is a scammer selling fake high capacity drives...

Well, technically, you don't want the things.... because they are fake.

If you accept the cancellation, the seller gets his fees back and you can leave appropriate feedback and DSRs. He is naive if he doesn't know about the second part.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. (Drives are fake not capacity described. Money refunded) The lowest Detailed Seller Rating is ONE star. No stars is a free pass.

There is no damage to a buyer who accepts a Mutual Cancellation.

If you refuse the Cancellation, he doesn't get his fees back and you can leave feedback and DSRs. This would be my choice.

He can also leave feedback, but his choices are positive or none. So you're covered.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"Why would he want to cancel this?"

So he can recover the fees he paid to eBay on those transactions

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The annoying part is that the reason listed by the seller is: Buyer did not want the item. :smileyfrustrated:

Well, technically, you don't want the things.... because they are fake.

If you accept the cancellation, the seller gets his fees back and you can leave appropriate feedback and DSRs. He is naive if he doesn't know about the second part.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. (Drives are fake not capacity described. Money refunded) The lowest Detailed Seller Rating is ONE star. No stars is a free pass.

There is no damage to a buyer who accepts a Mutual Cancellation.

If you refuse the Cancellation, he doesn't get his fees back and you can leave feedback and DSRs. This would be my choice.

He can also leave feedback, but his choices are positive or none. So you're covered.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks guys!

I've decided to accept the cancellation request.

He has already refunded me the full amount so I'll let him get his fees back.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You're lucky in that a seller can request that you return the items before you can get refunded and the buyer is responsible for return shipping. Shipping with tracking to China is very expensive.

It's great that the seller did not require you to send them back but basically he paid you for positive feedback.

If you are in that situation again, please consider accepting the refund and cancellation but still leaving negative feedback in order to warn other buyers. The seller did the right thing by refunding you but did the wrong thing by sending an item that wasn't as advertised. I can almost guarantee you that he will continue to send out the 'fake' items.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply