Seller won't offer shipping quotes

Hi there.

I just contacted a seller regarding a rug and wanted to know the shipping cost.

Their ad says they ship worldwide and says to contact the seller for more info.

Well, I did that and got nothing.

When I ask for a quote to my location their reply was..."EBay Global shipping handles this so we have no control..."

Say what?

I wrote back saying that surely they must be able to offer up some quote and they again brushed me off saying, "we have no control".

Ok then, if you don't want to be bothered to look up the shipping, then why offer the service worldwide??

(Just me venting...)

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What is the item number?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi again.

The item number is 201323340473.

The ad clearly says they will ship to Canada (where I live) and to contact seller, but the seller just blew me off when I asked about the shipping costs.

Nice.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Take a look at all his other listings.  That seller usually uses Global Shipping (as such, he does not get involved in calculating shipping to Canada) and may not be aware that he forgot to include GSP in his listing.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I did look up some of the other items up for sale from this seller and they use International Priority shipping to Canada.

The cost of shipping is also clearly listed...so I don't know what's up with this rug...hmmm.

Thanks for the input.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

International priority shipping is not a postal service, it is just what the GSP people call their carriers. It is not to be confused with Priority mail international from USPS, although it very often is.

Few people realise that 'priority' can mean low priority just as appropriately as high priority,and for GSP items, low priority is what they get.

It may be that the item is oversize or overweight for the GSP but the seller does not know this.

They seem to be not all that bright so you may be better off buying elsewhere.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I have already deleted the listing and will look elsewhere...you're right about that!!

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
latest reply