The agony spreads British ebay to have a GSP

The only consolation for any sympathetic Canadian readers is that it will be noticable worse than the US program in that the seller will be responsible for loss or damage all the way to the buyer's door.

So,  a word of warning, those better priced British deals may dry up as UK sellers who do not opt out will be opted in.

This starts Sept 14th, so keep an eye out.

MODS Please do not blend this in with the US GSP related posts.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: The agony spreads British ebay to have a GSP

Which country will be next? Germany? This thing is spreading faster than the common cold virus on a crowded airplane in the middle of January. Ebay seems intent on ramming it down the throats of unsuspecting sellers and unwilling buyers. I don't remember them being so aggressive about any other program before. I wonder if they'll be as heavy-handed with it in the UK as they were in the US.

It will be interesting to see how well (or, hopefully, how poorly) the GSP does on the UK site. After all, UK sellers have had all the time in the world to observe how buyers generally react to the program and some may have been burned by it as buyers on the US site. Stay tuned!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: The agony spreads British ebay to have a GSP

I'm afraid we are stuck with the GSP. I really hope Germany doesn't get it. It is the one place that has reasonable shipping costs. I can get things sent by registered mail from Germany much cheaper than from the US. ATTENTION EBAY - I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT IS SHIPPING VIA THE GSP!!!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply