U.S. seller not accepting Canadian paypal

Hi, I just made a purchase from a U.S. seller and my paypal payment wasn't accepted through ebay but I had to wait for her to send me a paypal invoice. I was able to pay that one without problem.

I'm not angry or annoyed just wondering what the rationale is behind that move.

Is this something new that U.S. sellers are doing to protect themselves somehow or has it been going on for a while?

Thanks,
Shari
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lina-mallows
Community Member
Happens all the time.
And, has been for a long time.
Even when paying in US$'s- with a US address for delivery- US based SELLERS have the right to NOT ACCEPT payment from Canada.

After a while you get used to this eBay/PayPal nonsense.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just wondering why that is. What is the difference to the seller by having me pay with USD (with a confirmed address) but to a different paypal account than her U.S. based customers?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

us sellers like to deal with us buyers mostly
and they're scared that canadians live in igloos and will not receive packages
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

long_hitter
Community Member
it's called STUPIDITY

Typical from our narrow minded souther neighbors.

I guess some don't even know where Canada is...
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Some sellers are like that and it would be nice if PP revised this. I guess they feel that with a quasi-cash payment, there is no recourse for the buyer to file for an INR.

Ran into one last month where I did not read the fine print (my mistake). So, I sent him payment via a USA based PP account.

I then got a shipping notice. Realizing I had paid for shipping 2x, I emailed the buyer, which made him aware of what transpired and he refunded.

I filed for seller non-performance and eBay sided with me saying that I was absolved from completing the transaction.

As far as I am concerned, the seller lost a sale - his problem!

Xena
Message 6 of 6
latest reply