What are the best wholesale sights? What sights should I avoid ?

I'm kinda liking this ebay thing and thought maybe I would start buying/reselling a little for the fun of it, but I am wondering which wholesale companies would be the best and I'm sure there are some I should avoid. Any advice on this would be great

🙂

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Most people I see dealing with wholesalers or using drop shipping methods are selling made in China Brass Canada Moose Bottle Openers or junky items you can get at any dollar store for cheap. Sure they may make 10-25 cents off every sale of moose openers, but every quarter you make you risk getting your feedback whacked by some nut job who thinks his moose opener took to long to arrive or is not shiney enough. Concentrate your selling on things you know the most about. My favourite places to score stuff are flea markets, junk stores, church sales, garage sales, places like that. Cheap second hand unique items sell for much more than made in China drop shipped moose openers. Good luck!Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

THIS ADVISE IS FOR NEW SELLER THAT IS SEARCHING FOR WHOLESALE SUPPLIER!

NEVER PAY CHINA COMPANY OR ANY BUSINESS WITH THOSE METHOD OF PAYMENT:

"TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER"(T/T)
"Western Union"
"MoneyGram"
"Any kind of virtual currency such as PerfectMoney, Bitcoin, Webmoney"
"Any Kind of Bank transfer using Swift or Direct Deposit to Account"

China Company are full of fraudster!! As a new business looking for wholesale supply, you'll be approached by a lot of China Business that will offer their service. If you see that the price of item is very low and it's not possible that item can be sold at this price, BEWARE!!

Example:
iPhone 5S Brand New 16GB - Wholesale lot - 80$ per unit - 10 x 80$ = 800$!
Accepted Payment: T/T, Western Union, Moneygram
After you will see:
-Account Name: JO WONG KU PONG
-Accout Number : 2342340-23948023

They give their account information to receive the T/T payment in their bank account in China.
ONCE MONEY IS SENT TO THEM, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO TO GET BACK YOUR MONEY!!

I saw a lot of forum story about business that sent thousands and thousands dollars to China Frauders!
Sometime they can ask you for half amount of the wholesale deal before shipment and then the rest when you receive your order! It's another way to try to steal your money!

----
China Scammer made very nice looking website on a .com domain and are looking for newbie business.

There is some tricks to verify the safety information of a website.
First do a domain whois.

Example:
http://whois.domaintools.com/callydeal.com

Registration
ICANN Registrar:GODADDY.COM, LLC
Created:2013-08-05
--- Date when domain was registered
--If you see a domain name that is registered for less then 3 month, it indicate that the website may not be safe
--You'll sometime see domain registered 1 week ago and the big website is running up trying to steal money.

Expires: 2015-08-05
--- How long domain has been paid in advance( for good website it should be at least 2 year and more)

Domain Name: CALLYDEAL.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com

Registrant Name: Domain Manager
--- Name of the person who registered the domain(if you see a personal name it mean that domain was registered from a non-business user and it can show that website safety is low and be aware.

For business you'll see something like this(Domain Manager or Domain Broker).
And then the organization who registred the domain
Registrant Organization: CallyDeal Canada
--Please check if the organization showed it's the same as on the website.

Last tricks to be more safe:
-Get an Alexa report about the domain name, it will show you the world ranking of the website.

Example:
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/callydeal.com

Ranked: 21,240,334 -- My website is ranked worldwide
-- Alexa don't rank all website since it need some good traffic just to be ranked.

-- If you see that the website has no Alexa Rank:
--Example:
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/buyitfromchina.com

Global Rank - --- That mean site traffic is very low and even if it pass all other checkup, I suggest to check for another supplier since it means that this website is not selling anything and is not getting any traffic from search engine.

Hope it will help new seller to start looking for wholesale supply safely.
Again, DON'T SEND MONEY USING YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!

Regards,
Eric

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Don't look for wholesalers online.

SELL WHAT YOU KNOW; KNOW WHAT YOU SELL.

But first learn how to sell on eBay by offering unwanted items from around the house. Just as you are doing with your Avon memorabilia.

Next go to your local (paper) Yellow Pages. It takes a good six months to get into the YP, so you know the business has been around for a while. And since they are local, you can pickup your product and inspect it.

Sticking with Beauty products, look for local businesses who are wholesalers, manufacturers, liquidators, commercial auctioneers, and importers.

Expect to be asked for your sales tax number. As an Avon rep, you probably already have one. If you are not asked for it, you are paying full retail, since the seller gets a tax credit on stuff sold for resale.

Expect to pay up front, until you have established yourself with the company. You may get terms after a while. Again,your Avon experience may be helpful.

And of course, keep in mind that until you establish yourself on eBay, Paypal will Hold your payments for 21 days against your good customer service. You will be able to buy shipping labels (at a discount from PO counter prices) during this time so ship promptly.

By the way, Steve is right. Sellers work to find good suppliers. Some mischief makers have been known to recommend the sketchey ones to newbies who get uppity about demanding names.

Well this is my gorramn den, and I don't like the way you look down on me. I'm above you, better than! Businessman see? Roots in the community. You're just a scavenger. - Badger

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Sell what you know: know what you sell.

Never sell anything you don't have in your hands.

To find 'real' wholesalers, check your local Yellow Pages. The paper ones that take 6 months from accepting a listing to publication. If you buy online, the site may have been in existance for mere minutes. And gone just as fast

Look in your area of expertise for eg Beauty Supplies: Wholesale, or Manufacturers. Or more generally check liquidators, jobbers, commercial auctions.

If these 'wholesalers ' do not ask for your retail sales tax number, you are paying retail. Real wholesalers get a tax rebate for selling to resellers.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

The only "sights" to see are the sellers selling who have made the connections, over time and have earned it with hard work/self research etc...

No one in their right mind is going to "give" you their list of sources including wholesalers.

Just take a step back and think about what you're asking.....

This isn't meant to be harsh, more so informative. Being successful on eBay take a lot of time and hard work. Do some research online. The web is always at your fingertips Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

So by saying that any help at all offered here would be helping a fellow ebayer and bad for business. That makes no sense. Your answer is condescending and not at all helpful. I know there are GOOD people on ebay who would love to offer GOOD advice. I am new to this. I'm very sure I'm not a danger to the competition.
As far as doing research...I am not stupid. I realise there is google, but some wholesale sights are more reputable than others and in case someone here has had a negative experience I would like to know which sites I should also avoid.
People like you make people like me afraid to dare ask a question here.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

You need to find supplier by yourself as no established eBay business will give you their tricks since the profit margin is very low when starting selling on eBay. It took almost a year of selling and researching for supplier that provide good service and building business contact. eBay will be checking you and be very severe for the first year and if you want to grow you need to work so hard since there is like 1,500,000 other seller that want to do good sell and eBay don't care about a seller with 20 feedback since there is alot of established seller here.

Regards,

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Yikes!

Maybe I read wrong but did you not ask about wholesale companies? You can twist and flip the word "help" on it's head to serve your own mind all you want but don't snap back at me for telling you no one is going to openly give you a list of good and bad wholesale companies or a list of "help" as you call it.....have fun.
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Most people I see dealing with wholesalers or using drop shipping methods are selling made in China Brass Canada Moose Bottle Openers or junky items you can get at any dollar store for cheap. Sure they may make 10-25 cents off every sale of moose openers, but every quarter you make you risk getting your feedback whacked by some nut job who thinks his moose opener took to long to arrive or is not shiney enough. Concentrate your selling on things you know the most about. My favourite places to score stuff are flea markets, junk stores, church sales, garage sales, places like that. Cheap second hand unique items sell for much more than made in China drop shipped moose openers. Good luck!Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Well pardon me for being naive enough to think I could get pointed in the right direction here. I don't normally deal with people like this in business, but if that's the way it is, that;s the way it is. Have a great day
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

My fiance told me to be very careful of certain sites. I didnt think it would be too much to ask experienced sellers which ones to avoid at least, but not everyone is kind out there. I guess I forgot to consider that
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Just a little lesson in communication for future....what you could have said is: It's not common for other sellers to share their sources however here are some wholesale websites you may want to steer clear of........" That would have been a good answer. Thank you for your time. No need to reply further
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

That is what I said though.

I'm sorry you're taking it personally as that was not my intent.

Best of luck!
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

"Western Union"
"MoneyGram"

China Company are full of fraudster!! As a new business looking for wholesale supply, you'll be approached by a lot of China Business that will offer their service. If you see that the price of item is very low and it's not possible that item can be sold at this price, BEWARE!!

Example:
After you will see:

They give their account information to receive the T/T payment in their bank account in China.

I saw a lot of forum story about business that sent thousands and thousands dollars to China Frauders!
Sometime they can ask you for half amount of the wholesale deal before shipment and then the rest when you receive your order! It's another way to try to steal your money!

----
China Scammer made very nice looking website on a .com domain and are looking for newbie business.

First do a domain whois.

Example:

Registration
--If you see a domain name that is registered for less then 3 month, it indicate that the website may not be safe
--You'll sometime see domain registered 1 week ago and the big website is running up trying to steal money.

--- How long domain has been paid in advance( for good website it should be at least 2 year and more)

Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com

--- Name of the person who registered the domain(if you see a personal name it mean that domain was registered from a non-business user and it can show that website safety is low and be aware.

-Get an Alexa report about the domain name, it will show you the world ranking of the website.

Example:

-- Alexa don't rank all website since it need some good traffic just to be ranked.

--Example:

Global Rank - --- That mean site traffic is very low and even if it pass all other checkup, I suggest to check for another supplier since it means that this website is not selling anything and is not getting any traffic from search engine.

Regards,
Eric
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

"Western Union"
"MoneyGram"

Example:
After you will see:

----

First do a domain whois.

Example:

Registration

Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com

Example:

--Example:

Regards,
Eric

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

You are awesome Eric. Thank you so much for this advice!! 🙂
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Don't look for wholesalers online.

SELL WHAT YOU KNOW; KNOW WHAT YOU SELL.

But first learn how to sell on eBay by offering unwanted items from around the house. Just as you are doing with your Avon memorabilia.

Next go to your local (paper) Yellow Pages. It takes a good six months to get into the YP, so you know the business has been around for a while. And since they are local, you can pickup your product and inspect it.

Sticking with Beauty products, look for local businesses who are wholesalers, manufacturers, liquidators, commercial auctioneers, and importers.

Expect to be asked for your sales tax number. As an Avon rep, you probably already have one. If you are not asked for it, you are paying full retail, since the seller gets a tax credit on stuff sold for resale.

Expect to pay up front, until you have established yourself with the company. You may get terms after a while. Again,your Avon experience may be helpful.

And of course, keep in mind that until you establish yourself on eBay, Paypal will Hold your payments for 21 days against your good customer service. You will be able to buy shipping labels (at a discount from PO counter prices) during this time so ship promptly.

By the way, Steve is right. Sellers work to find good suppliers. Some mischief makers have been known to recommend the sketchey ones to newbies who get uppity about demanding names.

Well this is my gorramn den, and I don't like the way you look down on me. I'm above you, better than! Businessman see? Roots in the community. You're just a scavenger. - Badger

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Sell what you know: know what you sell.

Never sell anything you don't have in your hands.

To find 'real' wholesalers, check your local Yellow Pages. The paper ones that take 6 months from accepting a listing to publication. If you buy online, the site may have been in existance for mere minutes. And gone just as fast

Look in your area of expertise for eg Beauty Supplies: Wholesale, or Manufacturers. Or more generally check liquidators, jobbers, commercial auctions.

If these 'wholesalers ' do not ask for your retail sales tax number, you are paying retail. Real wholesalers get a tax rebate for selling to resellers.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

I am going to do just that. Thank you for this! 🙂
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

LOTS OF GEMS ARE FALSE/FAKE........

LOTS OF SELLERS WANT TO GET RID OF THEIR **bleep** N RENAME IT......TOTAL **bleep** UNDER FALSE ADVERTISING. AND MAKE YOU PAY MUCHO POSTAGE TOO....

I BOUGHT SOME GRANNY STUFF CALLED RED BERYLCAT.......REALISED IT WAS **bleep** ..THOUGHT I HAD MADE A GOOD BARGAIN..

FALSE ADVERTISING , STUFF ANYONE WOULD WANT TO PUT IN THE TRASH ANYWAY...MY BAD. AND CHARGED ME EXTRAORDINARY SHIPPING DOLLARS ON TOP OF IT. FOR STG LIGHTER AS A FEATHER.

THIS LADY JUST GETS RID OF ALL THE **bleep** IN HER HOUSE.

EBAY ALLOWS FALSE ADVERTISING ( THAT IS ONE EXAMPLE..GOT MORE ) ABOUT STUFF FROM SELLERS.

EBAY HAS ALLOWED ALL THE JINNS **bleep** BACK TOO...PURCHASED ONE TO SEE..WAS BROKEN..CONTACTED SELLER WHO MADE ULTRA MAJOR MAJOR TANTRUM.....HECK WOMAN IF THAT THING IS PROMISING ME MILLIONS OF DOLLARS,,WHY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM NOW YOURSELF...COMMON SENSE..

BE VERY AWARE OF SHIPPING COSTS........LOOKS LIKE SELLERS WANT TO ADD TO THEIR PIGGY BANK BY MAKING YOU PAY LOAD OF EXTRA $$$$$ FOR SHIPPING...

IT IS A RECESSION HERE RIGHT NOW....BUYERS ARE BECOMING RARE, SELLERS ARE DESPERATE AND SO IS EBAY...

LOOK AT FEEDBACKS........SOME SELLERS WERE OVERWHELMED WITH VERY BAD FEEDBACK. nOW THOSE HAVE DISAPPEARED ??

YESSSSSSSSSSS..........EBAY HAS REMOVED MANY MANY MANY NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS...BAD SIGN.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for your help. (Some People?) - ER
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

The best wholesale 'sites' are in your own community.

Find your Yellow Pages book. You may have to go to your local Public Library for this.

Look in a category you are familiar with : if you are a Plumber look for Plumbing Supplies Wholesale, if you are a hairdresser look for Beauty Supplies Wholesale.

You could also look for manufacturers, importers, liquidators and jobbers. Perhaps also Auctioneers>Commercial who deal with bankrupcies and insurance companies.

The idea is that these people have products for sale, that you can actually see and inspect before you pay for them. And you have them in your hands before you ship them.

You won't be shocked when your supplier takes your money and ships nothing.

You won't be upset when your customer complains about shoddy goods or broken shipments or under shipping.

You won't be refunding for non-delivery when your supplier ships Surface from Outer Mongolia.

You won't see your feedback plummet when unhappy customers leave negatives for poor service, slow delivery, or counterfeit goods.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

It came from
The grave.

Zombie thread.
Message 20 of 24
latest reply