Community Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2755337754
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

What is this, and is it legal?

treasure-pot
Community Member
Breaking a number of rules. Extra fee for PayPal use is one that I noticed. Also seems to be promoting a number of items within one auction. The seller would be better off offering his "electronic store" returns on newsgroups than eBay.

Bill

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
He could also be reported for fee avoidance but eBay rarely seems to move on that complaint.

Bill

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

kpamber
Community Member
This is purposely deceptive, isn't it! I'd like to write and tell him rather than report him, but I don't think it would get a positive response!
kp
Message 4 of 41
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Also has web site link in listing. A no-no.
Message 5 of 41
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
I found this bogus link. My hubby just bought a new DVD writer and is always looking for a good deal on blank dvds. It makes me sick that people not only take advantage of buyers but they do it in a subterfuge kind of way. If a person is bidding at the last minute,it's obvious that they won't see the sneaky little charge at the end of the page. Shame on him and everyone else that tries to pull that crap. Put it this way...if he thought that what he was doing was right and normal and legit..he would have it in his description! Front and center. What goes around,comes around.

Jackie...
Message 6 of 41
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
I've sent a report in to eBay.ca so lets see how long it lasts (sent at 4:20 PM EST).

This was a tough one to figure out what to report on because it breaks so many of the rules. I picked the PayPal surcharge as a start.

Bill

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Thanks of doing that, Treasure. Wished I had time to take care of it myself this morning. We'll see as you say 😉

Jackie...
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

kpamber
Community Member
Hey, jay, fiesty today!
k 😉
Message 9 of 41
latest reply

stats-one
Community Member
add key word spamming. Add excessive shipping charges. And the sale is for 1 unit of 50, but 3 are shown. Not to mention the exchange rate is high.
Message 10 of 41
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Have a look at the sellers past auctions for the same item. It looks like he just figured he wasn't getting enough and decided to run the bill up $50 by putting it into the S/H. Definitely fee avoidance.

Bill

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Well K...I guess that Ebay disagrees with our assessment of the disc dealer. He's still there. But, no matter...there's more where that came from. He's not the only game in town.
The guy who screwed my husband out of a Movie a month or so ago, has since had 4 different uderIDs and each one has gotten NARUd. Paul has a keen eye and he watches to see if this guy resurfaces and when he does, he reports him for it. To date, he has had 6 IDs. How to they do that? I guess I'm too naive to be a scammer. I haven't a clue how a seller gets on line with the same credit card and the same ISP. And...the dope makes the same mistake every time in his litings...he sells the 'Godfather' movies but puts a 'Rocky' pic in the description. Ahahahahahahahaha. :)))
Message 12 of 41
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Jaymor, you have a much higher expectation of the speed at which eBay gets things done than I do. :<)

It has still only been a few hours. Why not enter your own complaint? Maybe (like an elevator) it will happen sooner if more of us push the button.

It is easy to have multiple selling ID's. You do not require different credit cards. I have two selling ID's and two buying ID's... all used the same credit card in the registration process. Most ISP's allow several email addresses and then there is Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.

Now, if a seller is NARU'd it is a different matter but still not much of a problem though as most people are walking around with a six-inch stack of plastic in their wallets anyway.

Bill

Bill

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
You're right Bill...of course. But it has been 24 hours and I guess I had an inflated view of Ebay's proficiency.

Re the multiple userIDs...but Bill...there had to be a common thread to a person's use of ebay accounts. Like an address for example. If he is still selling,he must be still using his own address. How do you get around that? Sometimes I just tend to think that Ebay turns a blind eye to certain things...at least long enough to get a week's worth of fees before they give someone's butt a swift kick. Blessed are the cynical for they shall inherit an ulcer 😉

Jackie...
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

cmagor-ctvi
Community Member
OK, how about we add shill bidding to this guy's list of transgressions?!!

This auction was won by the guy selling the DVD's, but if you check the contact phone number listed in the ad it is the same for both sellers!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32862&item=3035750153

Of course if he hadn't left himself feedback I would never have noticed the similarity in appearance of auctions and then the same phone number!

Time for another report to eBay I think!

Chris.
Message 15 of 41
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Bravo Chris!! Thanks so much for noticing that. I'll do the reporting...that's no problem. I just need a tip on where to report it and do I just report shill bidding and say what you said in your posting??

Amazing detective work. Ebay needs to hire you and pay you the big bucks. I'd vote for ya!

LMK

Jackie...
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

cmagor-ctvi
Community Member
{blush} ... Awww shucks, 'tweren't nuthin' !!

Actually I already sent in the report - one way or another this guy's goin' down!!

Chris.
Message 17 of 41
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Jackie, there is nothing in eBay rules that prohibits you from having a thousand IDs if you want. They could all be registered to the same credit card and the same address. There are only two things that must differ between IDs - a unique ID name and a unique email address.

I personally have 16 email addresses between my ISP and various yahoo and hotmail accounts. There is nothing wrong with any of that provided I deal fairly with people I conduct transactions with.

eBay's concern and, I am certain, yours as well, is for the scam artists that exist with multiple IDs. For the most part eBay will use credit card info to NARU multiple IDs for these crooks. It gets tougher when they use multiple credit cards to register their multiple IDs.

Well done Chris. I saw that auction but, I confess, did not pick up on the similarities of layouts. You have a sharp eye!

Yes, he is another of the scammers that makes it harder for the rest of us to do business on eBay. I notice that eBay has moved pretty quickly on a report of a scammer made after mine on another board. C'mon eBay... move please!

Bill

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
SUCCESS everyone...and thanks SO much for all your input. This guy did indeed 'go down' and I am very happy about it. Now, maybe he'll rethink his charges and come back and rejoin us on an honest level! He's more than welcome.

Cheers everyone,

Jackie...
Message 19 of 41
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Well, that hardly took eBay any time at all. :<)

I guess we canuck PS don't have the same clout as our American friends. It seems that when they file a report on an auction it is often closed in mere hours.

Bill

Message 20 of 41
latest reply