Wow..sellers can put whatever shipping $ they want. Even 400% more and you wont get partial refund b

Because I paid the item, I accepted the seller's terms. ebay said I am not eligible for buyer protection of a item I paid 180$ for UPS and the seller finally sent canadapost cost 43.41. So I lost partial refund. Sounds like fraud to me. I even sent a video proving it as the mailman came to the door showing final shipping the seller went with. He the seller pocketed the difference and did not even send me everything that what was in the auction either. So just to let sellers know. Go ahead you will win and be able to keep the money as hidden cost. You are allowed to. Though of course fb will be a -.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Wow..sellers can put whatever shipping $ they want. Even 400% more and you wont get partial refund b

What is the listing number?

How much is shown in the listing for shipping to your location?

What carrier is shown in the shipping section of the listing for shipment to Canada?

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Did you try to open an Item Not as Described case? 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Here's the part ...

Ended:
Apr 17, 2016 , 4:25AM

Winning bid:
C $517.77
Approximately US $402.78
2 bids ]

Shipping:
C $180.00 Express services

The amount was 180CAD sent UPS w the UPS part in my invoice. Finally he went with Canadapost and cost him $43.41CAD. He pocketed 135$ and wont send it back. Ebay to my utter disbelief said basically "too bad"...you paid for UPS 180CAD but was sent otherwise. I am not protected.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Yes. I lost. This is what they said.."

BTW I think it is safe to call it fraud and am stunned ebay will not do anything about it...

Hello Audioxxxprivacy,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service about the case you have recently filed for “unitprivacy” (Item 18209491....) you purchased from “hiddenforprivacy”. I certainly understand how frustrating it is as your seller cheated you by pricing the shipping cost much higher than the actual they paid for. Please allow me to assist you with this concern.

Before we proceed, I would like to thank you for being one of our valued members and for helping us become stronger as a company. We truly value your business with us, which has helped us grow throughout these years.

I can see you're concerned about the shipping cost you paid that for this transaction. I’m sorry to inform you that this concern is not covered with our eligible to eBay Money Back Guarantee because when the transaction was completed it means that you agreed for the shipping cost you need to pay. With this in mind, I’m afraid to say that we can’t force your seller to refund you the difference of what they actually paid for the shipping cost.

On the other hand, you have the option to return the item for full refund just let us know immediately to proceed with this process.

In the meantime, I also recommend you try and call the seller as many problems can be worked out simply by communicating with your trading partner. In situations like this you may wish to request the seller’s contact information for faster communication as we believe that most trading issues can be resolved with a simple conversation.

You can request your trading partner’s contact information by following the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

We'll then send you your seller's contact details by email. Bear in mind that, when we send you this, we'll also send an email to the seller with your contact information.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I hope I've explained why we take this approach. Our experience is that a better returns experience for buyers will ultimately drive more sales for you as a seller.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I especially find it disturbing when they say..."I’m sorry to inform you that this concern is not covered with our eligible to eBay Money Back Guarantee because when the transaction was completed it means that you agreed for the shipping cost YOU NEED TO PAY..!!!!

What is the logic?

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

"Finally he went with Canadapost and cost him $43.41CAD."

Can't help without understanding what the situation is.  What was the listing number?

Where did the seller ship from? (country, state/province)

What shipping service was specified in the listing ("express" does not mean UPS unless stated in the listing)

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

It sounds like you did not receive the shipping service you paid for. I would call eBay and ask for an appeal.
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

"Finally he went with Canadapost and cost him $43.41CAD."

Can't help without understanding what the situation is.  What was the listing number?

Where did the seller ship from? (country, state/province)

What shipping service was specified in the listing ("express" does not mean UPS unless stated in the listing)

1. For privacy reasons I do not want to say who the seller is. Should I publicly shame him just because I am **bleep** off? Sorry but no, unless maybe I should?

There IS no situation to understand..lol. He ripped me off 135$.

2. In canada from PEI to Montreal QC

3.It was supposed to go UPS not that it really matters. It is the 135$ overpriced part there eh Pierrelebel.

Item priceCAD 517.77
Quantity1
Item number182XXXXX
Shipping serviceUPS Expedited Canada

Shipping address
audiosaurus rex

Montreal QC h2t 3a2
Canada
Order total
SubtotalCAD 517.77
ShippingCAD 180.00
Total
CAD 697.77

Order placed on

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016

Payment method

Credit card

Payment date

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Yes absolutely not. I can appeal? Why do they do this in the first place. Sellers can write whatever they want for shipping and rip you off? Wow because that is exactly what ebay allowed. The seller even had the gall to say I got "what I paid for"..
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

The conclude. The only thing to stop sellers from always ripping you off on ebay with overcharging is being able to give them a negative feedback. As for getting back your money that they robbed you from shipping..too bad. That is ebay's way. This is not normal? Not in the corporate world buddy. We are not talking 10$ here. We are talking blatant excessive from 180$ I paid to $43.41 actual. I took pictures of this AND also did a video when the box arrived that clearly shows what he paid and service used.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

"being able to give them a negative feedback"

Why have you not done that?

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Oh I did. You do not even know a tenth of the story of this seller. he did not even send me everything in the auction and failed to tell the item had a UK ac plug. No real biggie but he shows the item working but does not include the ac adapter in the auction and says nothing about it. His packing is a joke..a miracle it arrived safely. A darn miracle. I went back and forth at least 30 emails. I thought for sure I was going to at least get my overcharged amount but ebay said too bad as shown above with direct responses. He is laughing at me but what a seller. YES I left bad fb and that will ultimately cost much more than 135$ in the long run but still I want my money. The seller is not all there or is like 10 years old but the unprofessional ways of ebay is the kicker..

Also please do not say well why dont you send it back? That is not the point.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

OK - I found the transaction.  I was looking for a seller in PEI.  That seller shows location NS.

"please do not say well why dont you send it back? "

I would not think of it since you eventually received what you wanted at the price you agreed to.  And that is the kicker.  You were willing to pay $180 for shipping and you did.  Even if the seller had shipped by UPS, his shipping cost would have been much less than $180.  So he makes a profit on shipping (like many other eBay sellers, unfortunately).

You left the appropriate feedback.

eBay is a venue and nothing they will do for you in this instance.  You could always send the seller an invoice, by mail, for the difference between what you paid and what his cost was (make sure to include HST in his cost).  He may or may not reimburse you although I would not expect a reply considering that he has nothing to gain since negative feedback has been posted (an eBay buyer cannot us feedback to "blackmail" a seller)

Looking at the feedback you left "Said he'd ship 10 days!! after I paid.Lies,excuses,20emails later,never did.Scam" it appears the seller did in fact eventually ship.  Not making excuses for the guy but, possibly, as a relatively new seller he did not receive your payment from PayPal (they hold it for a few weeks).  That may explain the delay in shipping.

If you do not hear from him..... Time to move on.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Can I edit negative fb with a better negative fb?

He forced me to pay immediately and still did not send the item for near two weeks so I figured I was being scammed on top the whole mess. Just totally weird.

So again can I edit -fb with a more approriate -fb

Message 15 of 29
latest reply

Well for what it's worth thx for your time.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@audiosaurus_rex wrote:

Can I edit negative fb with a better negative fb?

He forced me to pay immediately and still did not send the item for near two weeks so I figured I was being scammed on top the whole mess. Just totally weird.

So again can I edit -fb with a more approriate -fb

Can you edit feedback? No, not unless the seller sends you a formal request to do so. What can be done is one follow-up per party per transaction. 

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Remember that the most likely persons to read feedback are checking yours, not his.

You can add a Reponse to both your own and his feedback left.

Try to leave out the name-calling.

Keep it calm and professional.

"Charged $180 fr express shipping. Postage ws $43 for parcel." for example.

(I may have the details wrong.)

This explains the actual problem better than you original FB in my opinion.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Is it too late for the buyer to return this item for a full refund? 

Can a buyer ope n a Returns Request after a SNAD is closed? 

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

It sounds as if the buyer has 'substantially changed' the doohickey by exchanging the UK plug for a NA one.   So , no return.

Messy.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply