ebays global shipping scam

just to let all Canadian buyers know if this appears on your sellers listing or item for bid it will add between 10 and 15 percent to the cost of the item. I personally will not purchase from any ebay seller that uses this program and I make appoint of letting them know this.this program is optional for the sellers and maybe if they realize that they are losing sales they will stop using it. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: ebays global shipping scam

majority of buyers don't go on this site to endlessly read all the rules, policies and so forth

shopping is what its all about

there should of been a long media advertizing education period to lesson the impact

now buyers feel like this was done with an underhanded tactic

once bitten it becomes a bad experience

this site will have to readjust to regain consumer confidence

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I agree with you 100%.  I also do not buy from anyone who uses this "optional" global shipping program as it is a scam.  The time I used it I still got dinged by the government for tax on the item and they did not recognize any money that was collected in the global shipping program - scam scam scam

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Global Shipping Program, another eBay scam BS.

I avoid it as the plague and look for Canadian only sellers or local sources when possible. And now that Amazon

it's slowly open it's offering to Canadians, it's hello Amazon, bye bye eBay!

I wonder what is the lure of GSP to US sellers... I'm sure it makes shipping easier or cheaper or both, otherwise

who in his right mind would use this GSP bs? Also, only those with inelastic supply will afford to use it, otherwise

the exodus of international buyers will quickly put them out of business.

Oh, and all the nonsense about "collecting duty and taxes" on "behalf" of other countries (e.g. Canada) is such a joke,

any eBay shill/troll (and there are plenty of these on this forum) that defends it, will be compromised. Yeah, you know who

you are a-holes.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Many US sellers love the GSP!!!!!!

Why?

International sales.....................................

something many US sellers did not do before  

and they do not know the difference between then and now.....

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Please post all comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 25 of 25
latest reply