paypal damon or someone else please help

2004leap366
Community Member
Hi,
I sold an item to a lady. She e-mailed me inquiring about it. I was responding to several e-mails, and by mistake I had her e-mail up and wrote the wrong text in it and hit the send button. What I Said in the e-mail to her was "That is not my item" The reason I said that was someone else had asked a question regarding an item they had seen for sale and I was telling them that was not my item. The lady who received the wrong message e-mailed me and said she was doing a paypal chargeback, even though I had told her three times her item is on the way having already been shipped and that the e--mail she received was an error. I have tried to phone her using the contact info ebay has and her phone is disconnected. i have received an e-mail from paypal and it appears she is going to try get the item and her payment.
Any help would be great.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

deltone
Community Member
Not sure what to suggest. Some people are just impossible to deal with. Has she filed the chargeback yet?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Good morning.

"using the contact info ebay has and her phone is disconnected"

You should immediately report the user to eBay for having wrong contact information.

Then, I suggest you take a pragmatic approach and refund her PayPal payment in full, today.

Advise the buyer accordingly and request that she resends payment through PayPal upon receipt of the item.

Good Luck.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

PS - Damon is no longer with PayPal. He left a few months ago.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
"her phone is disconnected"

After leaving negative feedback and having her banned from eBay, respond to the PayPal request for your side of the story. You have 10 days to respond, and there's no reason why you shouldn't wait until the ninth day. Take your time. She may cancel the chargeback in the meantime, or PayPal will notice that she has been banned from eBay and the matter will be dropped. I don't recommend refunding her money - that's an automatic "you lose" scenario.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

2004leap366
Community Member
Thanks guys for the responces. The Lady is no longer a registered user, i reported her invalid contact info. Also after I informed paypal that I have a tracking number that can be tracked on the internet the case suddenly was dissolved.
Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply