profane messages from a buyer :(

mydentedcan
Community Member
Wow. I'm sorry, I hope that you all don't mind but I am dumb founded by what happened to me today and I wanted to share this story.

The first email I read today was from a buyer who was upset that the postage on the package he received was more than the shipping price that he paid. He told me that he wanted a refund, I won't leave the details of his message because they were mean and rude but basically he literally told me to go f_ _ k myself.
He sent me the same message twice. One in small letters, one in all capitals.

I sent him an email in which I listed all of the prices involved, ie postage + packaging + handling fee. On all of my listings I include a flat rate shipping and handling fee. So I told this person that if he felt that the rate was too high he could have contacted me before hand or opted to just not buy the item.
The email I sent was void of tone, because on one hand I was surprized that someone would use abusive language and tone in an email with me, and on the other I thought that he was just genuinely angry and I wanted to point out somethings that perhaps he didn't think of.

A few hours later I noticed that I had a new feedback...it was from him, it said...

LOVELY TRANSACTION, VERY HONEST ,CAN,T WAIT TO DEAL AGAIN!!!!

(I copied and pasted that from my feedback)

So I thought, wow, I guess he really took my email well, or just had a bad morning. I then checked my email. He sent me another email it is copied below with a few letters blocked out...

F**K YOU C**T...... SAD WAY TO MAKE A BUCK... LOW LIFE C*CKS**ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I am a little baffled by this experience. I kept double checking the user id from the feedback with the email I got and there is no mistaking that it is from the same user.

I'm not really sure about what to do. This may sound strange but none of it adds up & I'm wondering if someone else is using his email account. But I am extremely disturbed that this guy knows what my personal address is.

Should I report this?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

itrecovery
Community Member
It happened to me to receive highly abusive messages from my customers. All my attempts to contact e-bay and Safe harbor were like talking to dead ears... E-bay doesn't care.

Move on.

Anatoly

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

mydentedcan
Community Member
thanks for your advice, I figured that that may be the case because it's so time consuming trying to reach anybody in ebay about anything...unless of course we owe them money.

clare
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Of all my complaints about the Canada Post online and desktop software, a definate PLUS is that with an account, there is no postage printed on the waybill/packing slip. 🙂
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
You should send the message to his Service provider-abuse@xxxxxx (his isp, like abuse@hotmail.com, for example). That can get his account cancelled with them, keeping him at least temporarily out of your space. Just show the headers and forward it to the ISP involved. That's how I got rid of my jerk buyer last spring. And, block the guy. Gloria
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
We had a jerk emailing us about one of our products. He then tried to disguise where his email was comning from but we traced it back to the same guy. He sent us emails from his home and from his business, both services with Bell Sympatico. Some of the emails had attachments that had viruses.

We reported him to Bell and they cancelled his home and business service.

A month later we started receiving similar emails from the same city (London, Ontario) through a different telephone/internet provider.

We had another jerk in Colorado that we chased down as well, same MO and we reported him and shut him down. A couple of weeks later, similar garbage being sent us except 10 times what we were receiving before.

We no longer bother or we would be wasting 25% of our day in doing this and we find it is not worth the effort.
Plus as per the above examples, we would end up fueling the fire of these people who would have confirmation that they were getting to us.

Ignore, block and ignore.

Malcolm
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yeah, Malcolm - London, Ontario: home of the whackos!
I had a disquieting email exchange with a London buyer (I live here too), creepy enough that I changed to a PO box. I resolved the issue with the creepy guy, but I decided I didn't want every whacko in town knowing where I live. They can and do hold grudges.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Every city has its wackos and beautiful London, Ontario does not hold the record for the greatest number in one place.

Remember I am in Ottawa and there are more wackos on Parliament Hill than in the entire country.
Malcolm

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Malcolm,

Good one.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

brownboxit
Community Member
Isn't London Ont a university town? You know how those kids can be plugged into their kegs (pls forgive my lack of ontario geographical skills if I'm wrong)
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

No, you've hit the nail on the head, Brownboxit.
And yes, Malcolm - I concede!
Ann
Message 11 of 11
latest reply