seller giving refund via paypal wants my email???

Hi:  Seller is giving me a refund and wants my email for PayPal. I never had to give it before, is this necessary?

Thanks, Frany

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: seller giving refund via paypal wants my email???

It's not dangerous since he has it anyway, and it may speed things up somewhat.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

He will have your email in the Paypal transaction details. Tell him to look for it there.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

franybelle31 wrote:

Hi:  Seller is giving me a refund and wants my email for PayPal. I never had to give it before, is this necessary?

When you buy something  the seller has your email anyway on the original transaction.  If your seller sells in the thousands (or more) it may be time consuming to try to find yours so you may as well give it over.  They can get it by hunting it down through their past transactions but since you want the refund, by all means make it easy.   🙂  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's not dangerous since he has it anyway, and it may speed things up somewhat.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I would guess it would be okay if they are giving you a REFUND, but I would think they would have to go threw the original transaction to do that. And they should have your email in that. If they are just sending you a payment, then they need the email for that. BUT you lose money if it's a payment because of the service fee paypal charges. Just wait and escalate the request to a claim and you will get your refund threw ebay ..

Message 5 of 5
latest reply