50% UPS Brokerage fee????

kazoobers
Community Member
I bought an item that was $99.95 US. The Seller charged me $16.00 for UPS standard shipping to Canada.

The package arrived and here is a Brokerage C.O.D. due to UPS for $54.17. What a rip! The seller said nothing about additional fees due IN ADDITION to the $16.00 I paid him for the shipping. By looking under Help in eBay, I see there is nothing I can do about it.
The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
Bobby Heenan
Message 1 of 950
latest reply
949 REPLIES 949

amberm145
Community Member
What is there to fight about? UPS charges at least $20 more for the same service. I choose not to use them. If you think you're getting something for the extra money, then go right ahead.
Message 161 of 950
latest reply

kazoobers
Community Member
Exactly amberm!

Most people got burned by UPS like I did because you don't know about these extra exhorbitant fees until they show up at your door demanding payment. Once you've been burned by them, you know never to use UPS again. If people want to pay a lot more to get their parcel then by all means use UPS. Just remember the postal service will get the parcel to you just as quick for a lot less and NO hidden charges.
Bobby Heenan
Message 162 of 950
latest reply

yup... thats right... be SURE you pick a different courier.. i'm sure you'll prolly save mebbe $2-$3 by picking Fedex next time...

duh... all the couriers charge brokerage.... get over it already!

Photobucket

Message 163 of 950
latest reply

kazoobers
Community Member
Dear Mr. UPS (aka Canuckchat):

To repeat... I paid $16.00 postage for the item. I then had to pay UPS $54.17 their stupid brokerage fee. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have insisted on USPS and the total cost would have been $16.00 or less for the shipping, plus a minimal Canadian duty fee (less than 10 bucks). That is a lot more than a $2-$3 saving. Why use Fedex? Only if you want it slightly quicker than air post I guess.
Bobby Heenan
Message 164 of 950
latest reply

Well... I've been called worse...

:)

And YES you SHOULD have known better... if you had done a bit of investigation and read some of these very informative discussion boards on here... before purchasing...

Fedex, Purolator, DHL, UPS ... all courier services... all will use a brokerage firm...
Photobucket

Message 165 of 950
latest reply

nicki9912
Community Member
Mr UPS man, that's funny !!

:^O

SSssssssst

Photobucket
Message 166 of 950
latest reply

canuckaloo
Community Member
I don't think CC was amused!  LOL!

Message 167 of 950
latest reply

... you're accusing UPS of actually CHECKING on parcels???

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 168 of 950
latest reply

mauws2005
Community Member
Hmm...somehow I don't think that Nicki was referring to that package.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 169 of 950
latest reply

lapniappe
Community Member
(sigh) I got dinged as wel, I had NO idea that you had to pay that much. luckly for me the seller is going to pay for the brokerage fee which is SO unfair to her because she loses out of the profit.

I yelled at UPS and I got this mumbo jumbo.

i think push comes to shove - avoid them.
Message 170 of 950
latest reply

Why would you YELL at UPS? I sure hope you did not yell at the UPS driver - they are just doing a job! If you called their customer service line and yelled at them - well - just think what they get to listen to all day long being in a customer service job - would YOU want to have people yell at YOU all day long???

Try yelling at the government next time you look at your paycheque and see how much goes to taxes - and see just how far THAT gets you!!!
Photobucket

Message 171 of 950
latest reply

hamlit99
Community Member
Same thing happened to me, shipping charges, including the brokerage fee, made up over 50% of the cost of the item. I am joining the class action law suit. It is a crime and should be prosecuted as such.
Message 172 of 950
latest reply

hamlit99
Community Member
Also I will never use UPS for any of my shipping needs, and unfortunatly will not buy from those who use UPS. I would encourage you all to do the same, and tell your friends!
Message 173 of 950
latest reply

ah.. but i bet you buy items at retail stores that USE the services of UPS ...
:)
Photobucket

Message 174 of 950
latest reply

... just don't have it shipped to YOU by UPS....
Photobucket

Message 175 of 950
latest reply

hamlit99
Community Member
This UPS brokerage fee is crazy! The company does not respond to consumer complaints, and the fee schedule is a complete ripoff. Is there nothing that can be done to stop this white collar crime? If there is, please post your ideas. Other then NEVER using UPS for any shipping ever again, or buying from companies that use UPS, I am not sure what I can do....
Message 176 of 950
latest reply

Use FEDEX or DHL instead ...
Photobucket

Message 177 of 950
latest reply

karce1981
Community Member
In case this hasn't been posted yet....

As you may have heard, there's a Class Action lawsuit against UPS and FedEx in Canada. Started out in BC, but has moved to Ontario. Would you like to be included in this lawsuit? I signed up

http://www.merchantlaw.com/courier.html
Message 178 of 950
latest reply

... who keeps digging this thread up from the archives???
Photobucket

Message 179 of 950
latest reply

compjunky2002
Community Member
After getting the surprise burn by UPS, “double billing” or its politically correct way of disguising this fraud by calling it a brokerage fee, I decided to do something positive about it.

Every time I want to buy something from the USA, and find UPS as the only method of shipping, I write to the seller with a polite note saying if only he/she were using and alternative affordable shipping method I would have bid on their item.

If enough sellers see how much they are losing, maybe we can end this rape of Canadians.
:O
Message 180 of 950
latest reply