ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

gdw9042
Community Member

== I M P O R T A N T ==

When shopping on eBay:

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA, unless China doesn't have the item you want. 

Buying only from China, I have saved: $9,876,422,531.00 - just in shipping charges in the last year. 

If north america can't get their act together, then we have to show them, that we're not idiots - we won't pay $19.99 for an audio adapter cable, then pay $21.50 to ship it a measily 100 miles.

Let's all get together, so that, domestic item-prices, and shipping-rates will eventually go down.

Plus, the stuff from China is 95% great quality!

[ If ebay was "in tune" with its members, it would be an awesome website! ]
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

The only down side is that you may not end up with your product. Things seem to mysteriously disappear on the way to Canada, or take months to arrive. Higher priced items seem to show up a bit quicker (usually by DHL, and not the **bleep** Chinese post).

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

You're lucky. I've definitely received junk, but most of the time it's the shipping that's an issue. Items have arrived over three months late. I'm currently waiting on orders from 2016.

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Smells like consumer propaganda.

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

chosenidea-- You only have 180 days from payment to open a Paypal Item Not Received dispute.

There are slowdowns in shipping from China, some due to CBSA drug watch programs, some due to Universal Postal Union disputes with China Post, and some due to a percentage of dishonest sellers*.

Paypal's Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Don't let problems in the mail stream make you lose your money.

If the item shows up after you have been refunded, you can return the refund using PP's Send Money service.

*Probably no worse than anywhere else. WalMart has a 1.38% shoptheft rate. If we relate that to China, with a population of 1.7 billion, well, you can do the math.

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

...and every time Canada Post delivers a parcel from China they collect virtually nothing in postage forcing the increase of domestic and international postal prices. Who do you think ends up paying the lost postage revenue? Canadians. China is not a 3rd World country and should be boycotted until they stop subsidizing their exporters. 

Message 45 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Yes because giving our personal information away for a cheap item is so worth it. Excessive support of the poor working conditions that clearly violate human rights is a no no.

When I bought from China, I noticed a direct correlation between spam in my inbox, and the timing of my order. I'm sorry, but selling our personal data for a few bucks is foolish. Since then, I changed my email that is connected with my eBay, and Paypal. I also managed to move.

Give your head a shake op.

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

I really like to support our own economy but a carbkit from china for D1.69 and the same carbkit from a local dealer around $20.00 lus tax isnt that a bit skewed? a single little spring for an old singer sewing machine 13.95 Plus $19 shipping from US (simply not available in Canada) Package of 10 from china around $10 (free shipping) if I can get a sound explanation for that bigge difference Iwill gladly buy my stuff here( yes i know our great social system needs support and we are enjoying good wages but the price differenc seems just too great ( all prices quoted approx from memory of recent purchases
Message 47 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

ZOMBIE thread from 2013

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

ALWAYS BUY FROM CHINA !

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 50 of 50
latest reply