Can't Leave feedback, what gives?

I purchased something last week and wanted to leave feedback and I can't.  No wonder buyers don't leave feedback, they can't.   The leave feedback is greyed.  Have you experienced this, should I call ebay?   This really bugs me, it is hard enough to get feedback, and ebay makes it impossible. 

feedback not.jpg

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Called ebay and spoke to Andy and he tried to leave feedback on my behalf and couldn't.  He is reporting this to their technical team and will call me back.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Checked one of my recent purchases.

The leave feedback button isn't greyed out on mine -- just shows a do-not-enter symbol when I hover over it.

Probably another holiday weekend glitch.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

It does that on mine too.  According to ebay CS, they have reported that as an issue.  

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Is the seller a PowerSeller or something like that?

If so, you may not be able to leave FB for seven days.

This is a Seller Protection that is a perk for heavy hitting sellers, giving unhappy buyers a chance to cool down.

If your seller is a newbie, she is anxiously waiting for FB, even though eBay doesn't use it to measure performance, and I have no explanation.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Finally looked at your screenshot.
And yes indeedy, you are dealing with a PowerSeller.
And we see yet another example of how poorly trained Customer Service is not to spot that immediately.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Hi Fem, good catch.  The CS did notice and mentioned that but I pointed out that it states it only applies to negative or neutral, not positive.  I will try again tomorrow.  I purchased it on the 27th so that might be a week or Tues might be the 7 days.  In any case, if it applies to positive feedback too they should state that in the message. 

feedback not.jpg

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Fem, good catch.  The CS did notice and mentioned that but I pointed out that it states it only applies to negative or neutral, not positive.  I will try again tomorrow.  I purchased it on the 27th so that might be a week or Tues might be the 7 days.  In any case, if it applies to positive feedback too they should state that in the message. 

feedback not.jpg

I have successfully given positive feedback this year to powersellers within the  7 day time period (when neutral and negative was not allowed).

So this is a new glitch.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I've had no problem leaving feedback for buyers or sellers today so try clearing your cache and cookies on your browsers....

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

The CS agent tried to do the feedback for me and he couldn't.  I cleared my cache and tried it again, at 12:05 pacific time and still no luck.  

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Tested again this morning.

Still broken on ebay.ca

but works on ebay.com if Arrived on time has Yes or No selected and Experience has Positive selected. Then when the experience comment is being entered -- the Leave feedback button will activate (posting without a comment is not allowed).

-..-

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Just checked and eBay.CA is now working again for early feedback.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Just tried it at 3:04 Pacific time.  Doesn't work for me.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

I just tried it at 12:19AM 7 days after my purchase and it finally let me leave feedback.  I guess for a power seller it doesn't allow leaving feedback for 7 days.  Good to know.  I don't think that is with all sellers, just power sellers.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I just tried it at 12:19AM 7 days after my purchase and it finally let me leave feedback.  I guess for a power seller it doesn't allow leaving feedback for 7 days.  Good to know.  I don't think that is with all sellers, just power sellers.

Not true.

The purchase I have been using to check the feedback issue is from a power seller (and less than 7 days old).

First try a few minutes ago failed to activate, but second and third tries did activate the Leave feedback button.

Required to activate: Positive selected and something put in the enter comment section.

-..-

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I purchased something last week and wanted to leave feedback and I can't.  No wonder buyers don't leave feedback, they can't.   The leave feedback is greyed.  Have you experienced this, should I call ebay?   This really bugs me, it is hard enough to get feedback, and ebay makes it impossible. 

feedback not.jpg

When you put the words "perfect" and "item" together it spells the three letter word for breast. eBay didn't like it. Did you slightly change the wording when you submited it and it went through?

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Gosh- a robot with a dirty mind. Isaac Asimov and Karel Capek would be proud.

Reminds me of the time I was pink slapped for calling myself a

cockeyed optimist.

And now I'm disappointed that it was allowed.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Makes you wonder whose job it is to input into the computer all the words and combinations that could possibly offend...

The pen is great

I wish it was every day like Christmas

Who remembers what happened to Roger Rabbit?

Come to think of it, I’m not even sure this post will go through 😝
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

That is just true for negative or netural feedback.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

I had the same experience with leaving feedback on ebay. July 8, 2023. Nothing has changed.
Message 20 of 21
latest reply