Canada Post delaying all parcels from China

CANADA POST is sitting on thousands of containers and trailers are piled up at every major CPC processing plant. They say they make no money from delivering the tiny packets and parcels they get from China.
Some parcels do trickle in the regular mail stream and you can receive in 3 weeks but I have seen first hand parcels that are dated Nov/Dec 2016 sitting in the plant lineup. So stop making excuses and call your MP. It is illegal what Canada Post is doing and heads should roll.
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Canada Post delaying all parcels from China

I’m sorry today this but if you’ve waited four months, you’ve waited too long. Go to PayPal and open your Item Not Received cases. Wait eight weeks, tops. Even 12 weeks if you’re feeling daffy. I would not wait 16+ weeks.
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

If anyone has viewed the Border Security program on Television,  the tracking of illegal drugs coming across the border is a relatively easy option.

Dogs are very expert in finding illegal drugs.    Border security uses the dogs.  Trying to get something past these dogs just does not work.  

If  there is a problem  then the problem has to relate to what the seller does... and then China's position in the world postal community...

----------------------------------------------------

and finally..

Canada Post is not government subsidized and must be totally self-sufficient.

In contrast, USPS is government subsidized... If USPS became self-sufficient,  the first thing to be hit would be the cost of  media mail

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

momcqueen > Google the search term 'Chinese Mail Fentanyl' for more information. It's a serious life-endangering problem that supersedes the inconvenience of online shopping package delivery delays. I would suggest that until this problem is fixed, you shop from sellers in North America.

So you think that it is okay for millions of Canadian buyers and numerous Chinese sellers to lose money because a handful of people are stupid enough to choose to do drugs and might die? eBay does not take things like this or over-seas sales into account with their deadlines on things like requesting refunds, so one way or another, someone is going to lose because some people want to get high.

You think that's okay?

Also, buying things from North America is rarely a good deal, and even if the price is acceptable, eBay's greedy GSP makes sure to destroy any value that might have existed. It has not been worth buying anything from the USA for a few years now and it doesn't look like it ever will be again.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Is this a serious question? 

I think it's more than okay for law enforcement to prevent people from dying of drug overdoses and/or killing one another at any cost of inconvenience to online shoppers looking for cheap goods from China. To suggest that my 99-cent doodad from Asia arriving fast at the cost of drugs successfully being smuggled into the country so that innocent bystanders can overdose as a result of accidental contamination? That would be laughable if only it were funny. 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD

The problem with zombie threads is that they often include out of date and inaccurate information.

@happy_pigeon

Message 25 of 25
latest reply