Canada Post sucks

I am so mad at Canada Post. In over 10 years on eBay, this is the first time I had an item not delivered and Canada Post tracking shows delivered (September 22, 2014).

I waited another 24 hours to make sure the idiots servicing the community mail boxes did not put the parcel compartment key into someone else's mail slot.

Called Canada Post and they told me "though **bleep**, your parcel is long gone and you're out of luck". Luck? I'm out of $78 and get no decent help from Canada Post. They say only the sender can file for non-delivery.

I went to Paypal to ask the seller to refund as the item was a gift and because of timing, I purchased from a Canadian seller.

Has anybody filed a successful claim for a refund in a similar situation?

I buy most of my stuff from Amazon now, prices are good and delivery is by UPS which I love since the community mail boxes are terrible and Canada Post has no customer service.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Canada Post sucks

The union is just as responsible. Canada Post is doing the lockout because them and the union can't come to an agreement, that is not just Canada Post's fault especially considering they where able to come to an agreement with the other Canada Post unions. Any business in their position would do the same if they found their employees demands unreasonable and unaffordable. They can't allow the dispute to continue when they are losing money and customers because of it.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

@indiansummernights wrote:

The union is just as responsible. Canada Post is doing the lockout because them and the union can't come to an agreement, that is not just Canada Post's fault especially considering they where able to come to an agreement with the other Canada Post unions.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things as it assumes that the other unions that Canada Post has been bargaining with have issues that are just as complicated or simple as the CUPW workers.  

I'd also be interested in knowing where you're getting your information.  When it comes to labour disputes, the mainstream media rarely reports the union's side very favourably.  Here's some information from the other side of the fence:

http://www.cupw.ca/en/response-cpc%E2%80%99s-july-4-2016-letter-%E2%80%93-rsmc-unit

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

Canada Post sucks

How many times are you going to spew that bunk.

Male and female urban workers make the same wage!

Male and female rural workers make the same wage!

Urban and rural workers have different jobs!

Urban and rural workers make different wages because they do different jobs!

It has nothing to do with male or female, but different jobs.

If rural has more female worker than male, they still make the same wage as the male rural workers and there is no discrimination at all and they are paid equally.

Both the union and you need to get facts straight before spreading false stories, but then, the union and you are both good at that.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

@dutchman48 wrote:

Urban and rural workers have different jobs!

Urban and rural workers make different wages because they do different jobs!

What's different about the jobs that rural and urban workers do other than how they do it?

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

"What's different about the jobs that rural and urban workers do other than how they do it?"

Volume.

Basically urban carriers are paid by the hour based on how many mailboxes should be visited during a regular shift

Urban carriers income is calculated by the pieces (much lower volume but larger distance between mailboxes)

Apples and oranges

The fact one is dominated by men and the other by women is totally irrelevant as it could easily be the reverse.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

@pierrelebel wrote:

"What's different about the jobs that rural and urban workers do other than how they do it?"

Volume.

Basically urban carriers are paid by the hour based on how many mailboxes should be visited during a regular shift

Urban carriers income is calculated by the pieces (much lower volume but larger distance between mailboxes)

Apples and oranges

The fact one is dominated by men and the other by women is totally irrelevant as it could easily be the reverse.

Typo? You mean rural?

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

Yes of course. 

I am getting old!  Mary keeps telling me.  The doctor keeps telling me.  One day I will finally realize it! Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

When we live in a city or world when more becomes less, one should realize that they are greedy and no longer reliable as a person to fit into what is considered a normal life. Everytime we sit and collect dust while politicians raise their own salary without doing anything to raise the standard of living to a condition that can sustain a city without poverty and injustice, then we deserve to be treated as a slave or a substandard person. Why a few can determine the conditions of many and cause poverty to exists within that realm is beyond me. We are all guilty of contributing to the bigger cause of this stupidity and ignorance that the rich gets richer and the rest of us scramble to fight over a few dollars of a raise that exist in a budget. No one deserves to live as a king or queen until everyone has that opportunity to do so. Knowledge is a great thing and should be used to uplift people and not used to look down on them. Useless thread that only generates the attitude of nothing more than useless opinions so one can feel superior by throwing a rock into the abyss. The pot is starting to boil over here on earth and all we can see fit is to add comments as if fanning the flames will do the trick. All prices everywhere should be halted. Imports should only consist of goods that sustain life. We all live in a communist environment and think otherwise because we can go shopping or travel one time a year, whoopee. Walking here to there isn't freedom. Being able to get a raise is not freedom. Freedom is within us and not around us. Pretty soon we are going to only be able to see what is inside our own country and that is it because of greed and hate. We need a new standard of living and not one that totally relies on what a few people have to say and how they think. All minds are worth listening and all ideas should be considered before laws are made. We allow the laws to benefit those that collect the fines and hold high office positions. With all the money collected in fines we should have no problem financing new equipment for hospitals and rescue operations. Someone is getting paid more because he or she thinks without them the world would end. Old philosophy that deserves nothing more than a shelf to rest it's old ways upon. No mayor should have more than the poorest person living in it's city. If he lived this way, he would surely see how vital it is that poverty would no longer exist.   

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

Just need to rant. Canada Post SUCKS. I just received an order almost 6 months when I put in the purchase. I was expecting the 1st order was lost, so I put in a 2nd order (double) just in case. So, I ended up paying back the seller the 1st order while hopefully the 2nd order will arrive within my life time. Not to mention I mailed in a payment to my hydro company on April 8th and they still haven't received it yet. I will switch to pay directly in the bank rather than via the the lazy postman here. 

I also losing quite a number of packages and mail as well. Never mind, one day my condo's concierge notify me a package that was delivered to the wrong unit and the tenant drop it off at the desk. I also received mail for another person and kept dropping it back and it just keeps returning to me. Are they even able to read the address and the statement on the envelop "Wrong address"?

Message 30 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

Zombie thread from 2016.

I just received an order almost 6 months when I put in the purchase.

Was the order from China?

There have been known border holdups due to the fentanyl crisis (Canada Border Services Agency decision) and the UPU's dissatisfaction with China Post not paying for international deliveries under the Universal Postal Union treaties (Canada Post and many other Western postal systems.) There are threads with more details.

while hopefully the 2nd order will arrive within my life time

Since the first shipment arrived, you may actually receive the second.

If it does, you can pay for it using Paypal's Send Money service.

More often, this is a scam by (mostly) Asian sellers. They send nothing hoping the buyer will forget the low value order. If the buyer complains, they offer a replacement. If he agrees, they send nothing and the dispute period times out.

Buyers in this situation should always and only demand a refund.

I mailed in a payment to my hydro company on April 8th and they still haven't received it yet.

Geez, even I pay at the bank and get my (paper) bill stamped by the teller.

I don't trust any utilities not to lose my paper payments. I want a third party involved. In this case the bank teller.

I also losing quite a number of packages and mail as well.

This should be taken up, in person, with the Post Master at your local Post Office.

Not the postal outlet in back of the drugstore, the real PO.

Either there is a problem with the carrier which the PM will want to know about.

Or there is a problem with the concierge, which the PM and the carrier will want to know about as well as the condo Board.

Or there is a problem with 'porch theft', less likely if packages are being left with the concierge, but possible if they are being left in a semi-public space.

You may also want to inform your local police about this.

Telling authorities may not do much good for your problems, but they would know if this is a widespread problem and may help with already ongoing investigations.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

Hey guys,

I'm needless to say I Canada Post has given me rough day. Why? Delivery guy rang from downstairs to confirm he had a parcel for me and told him to dial the code to get in, but just ran off with the parcel instead of coming up, not even leaving a notice. Called Canada post and were very vague in resolving the issue with me, especially since it is not trackable.

Meanwhile, I gave them a piece of my mind to show what second rate lazy unreliable bloody asses these guys really are. What service is this?

However, I got in touch with the sender to resend the package should he get it back and apologized on behalf of the blundering of delivery post and will see what's next...
Message 32 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

Don't be silly.

Tomorrow go to your local PO and ask for the parcel. It will probably be there.

Unless you are handicapped there was no particular reason why the carrier had to come up to you. You could have come down to him.

The seller won't see the parcel unless you don't go to the PO and pick it up. It it is not picked up at the local PO in the next few days, it will be returned to the sender.

The parcel will be considered "refused" and the seller is neither required to resend it nor , I believe, to refund on a refused shipment.

Most postal outlets are open on Saturdays and many on Sundays. Go pick it up.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Canada Post sucks

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 34 of 34
latest reply