How can I warn other ebay buyers of a scam seller?

Avoid buying anything from !!!

The guy is a scam and fraud! He took my money, never sent the item....I contacted him and he said he forgot....I gave him more time and it went outside the 45 day rule....I saw on his feedback he re-listed the item and sold it to someone else...he actually did that same thing a couple other times....

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

First, as you have learned, never let the 45 days go by. If the seller is communicating, but asking you to wait, you can still ethically open an Item Not Recieved dispute, which will extend the period for settlement. If the item arrives, you close the dispute and both of you walk away (relatively) happy.

If it does not arrive, the seller must prove delivery or PP returns your money and goes after the seller. He gets a note on his selling record.

After 45 days, comes the 60 day feedback deadline.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. "Item not sent, not refunded. Relisted sold elsewhere." would be my suggestion. Don't call names or use exclamation marks.

At the same time you can leave Detailed Seller Ratings. Although buyers pay attention to FB, DSRs are actually more important to eBay. Normal transactions should get Five Star ratings, because if a seller's ratings drop below 4.3, his ability to list or to sell is restricted. Severely. 

The lowest Rating is ONE star. No stars is a free pass.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

BTW, many sellers have multiples of the items they sell. It is possible that your item was only one of several the seller had and the relist was not of yours.

Still, he should have promptly refunded you when he could not show that the item was recieved.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Aaaand- Well that was the worst possible feedback. You now look like a drooling anger monkey. He looks only slightly better since he was calling names.

Many sellers who see than feedback will add you to their Blocked Bidder List. Many buyers will decide that your opinion is not worth much.

Too bad.

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

If you paid by credit card through ebay, file a claim with your CC company.  They have longer times to do it in.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Given that the listing didn't specify anything about shipping to Canada, I'd be inclined to believe the seller's comment about the buyer not knowing how to buy on eBay.

I'm not sure why the buyer hasn't had his money returned, though.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Perhaps he WAS refunded - if it was a CC claim, the charge would have shown up as a credit or possibly reversed the original charge if the seller did it quickly enough.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Why do people come in, ask for advice before ranting, then ignore good advice and go off and rant anyway. Should have saved a step, ranted, and not bothered asking in the first place.

Rick

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 8 of 38
latest reply

is a scammer on eBay. I'm a single mom of two beautiful boys. I just gave birth to the second one on Dec 28 2013. I attempted to purchase reusable diapers from  on ebay thinking im going to save money. The item is now removed and this idiot made off with $50 from me. How pathetic to scam a single mom at Christmas time.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

We are not allowed to 'name and shame' members on the Boards. Your post is likely to be edited by the monitors.

File an Item Not Received claim.

And don't try getting sympathy on the basis of being a mother. It's not that special. It jsut comes across as whiney.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

holdensmom, how did he "make off with $50"? You have buyer protection through both Ebay and your credit card, it's easy to get your money back. In fact its so easy that I suspect more sellers get scammed than buyers.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

This seller uses false tracking numbers 

Watch out and avoid !!!!!

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

I was talking to a postie from AU and he said the packaging comes with a tracking number. You decide whether to purchase it and the PO activates it. So it's not fake, but not paid for. I guess beware of AU sellers unless they have good feedback.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Yes be carefully !!! to buy listed shipping from Australia . Seller provide fake tracking number and ship an fake pairs of Karen Walker glasses to me from China post. I contact Ebay and paypal and still waiting for my refund . Hope Ebay or Paypal will take an action on this seller
Message 14 of 38
latest reply

The seller give me a fake tracking Australian post and sent me item from China , Buyer please beware !!!
Message 15 of 38
latest reply

When you say you contacted eBay do you mean you phoned or emailed them and had a nice chat with someone?

That's useless.

Go here;

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Open an Item Not Received Dispute. Escalate to a Claim. Get your refund.

If the seller does not prove delivery or send a refund, Paypal will and go after him for their money.

No human beings involved. All automated and swift.

You have 45 days to file a Dispute. Do not delay.

If more than 45 days have passed you can still go to your credit card that is attached to your PP account and ask for a chargeback.

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

tayloburti
Community Member

Which User? 

@jarmac1126 wrote:

Avoid buying anything from !!!

The guy is a scam and fraud! He took my money, never sent the item....I contacted him and he said he forgot....I gave him more time and it went outside the 45 day rule....I saw on his feedback he re-listed the item and sold it to someone else...he actually did that same thing a couple other times....

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

We are not allowed to 'name and shame' other members.

In part because the poster may or may not be telling the whole truth about the transaction.

When a member puts a name into complaint like this one it is removed by the moderators and the poster gets a 'pinkslap' (a warning).

Sometimes other information, or the timing of the complaint, allow other posters to figure out which member is being complained about.

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

I have a special case regarding ebay 45 days time frame. My story is: I bought an IP Cam and paid a ebay seller on April 10. Seller's listing stated the delivery will between May 10 to Jun 8. Last week, I need to ask seller something so sent him a message, he never response. Few days late, I sent message again and he still did not response. My fault is I did not check this seller before buying. This seller got only 4 feedback, and he has no other item to sell. Look like this seller is already took my (and/or others buyers) money and disappeared. Of course I cannot open dispute now. but when the 45 days time frame ends, that will be only at May 24, not Jun 8, is that means I cannot open dispute on May 24? if wait till Jun 8, that seller will be safely took my money and enjoy. Any suggestion in this special case?
Message 19 of 38
latest reply

Hi,

good advice. But how early that a buyer can open dispute, or must be exactly on the 45th day?

Message 20 of 38
latest reply