How can I warn other ebay buyers of a scam seller?

Avoid buying anything from !!!

The guy is a scam and fraud! He took my money, never sent the item....I contacted him and he said he forgot....I gave him more time and it went outside the 45 day rule....I saw on his feedback he re-listed the item and sold it to someone else...he actually did that same thing a couple other times....

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Hi,

good advice. Have two questions:

(1) How early that a buyer can open dispute, or must be exactly on the 45th day?

(2) If I left a negative feedback now due to seller never response my messages, can I still open dispute in 45 days?

Thank you.

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

It sounds like you are waiting for the full 45 days to file a dispute.  

You can file a dispute anytime after the expected delivery date and it doesn't have to be the full 45 days.

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

ebay won't allow me to open dispute because the listing saying the latest delivery time is Jun 8, but then, it will be well over the 45 days time frame.

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

OK, I get it.

I believe the rule is that you have 45 days after the expected delivery date during which you can open a dispute.

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

are you sure it is 45 days after the promised delivery date? how can we confirm this as I browsed over eBay and also internet, nothing saying about how this 45 days starts from.

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

I believe it's 30 days after the last expected delivery date for eBay and 45 days for Paypal.

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Thank you so much for your advice, so I search around again and found this useful information about this when can a buyer open dispute time frame:

.......................................................................................

The policy states, "When we have no estimated delivery information, we consider the latest estimated delivery date to be 7 days from payment date for transactions between a buyer and seller in the same country, and 30 days from the payment date for buyers and sellers in different countries."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#latest

more:

eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines

Item not received

• A buyer can report in My eBay that they didn't receive an item once the item's latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date.

• For event tickets, a buyer must report that they didn't receive the tickets no later than 7 days after the event date or 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date, whichever is later.

• The seller has 3 business days from the report to respond to the buyer or offer a solution. If the seller does not respond or offer a solution, the buyer can ask us to step in and help.

• If the buyer doesn't ask us to step in and help within 30 days of reporting that they didn't receive an item, the request closes automatically.

Thank you again, I think I can still open dispute after Jun 8 , although it is 51 days after my payment. Keep my fingers cross.

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

Yes, it sounds like you have it under control.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

cpyue
Community Member
I will give eBay a call on Monday to confirm this.
Message 29 of 38
latest reply

The 45 day period from date of purchase mentioned earlier in this thread is from a post from 2015.  My understanding is that things have changed since then.  Check this help page:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#timelines

This is one reason it's not recommended to dredge up old threads if you have a question.  Starting a new thread is preferable.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply

Yes, thank you for the information. Very helpful and clear to all buyers.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

This is the problem witth Zombie Threads.

You attached your questions to a thread from 2015.

Things have changed since then.

In 2017, eBay allows Disputes to be opened for 30 days AFTER the last estimated date for delivery.

Which means you can not open a dispute until June 8, 2017 on eBay.

HOWEVER

Paypal allows Disputes for 180 days from Payment.

Which means you can open a Dispute on PP immediately.

We get enough enquiries about how to Dispute that I have this boilerplate.

Not all of it will apply to you.

You have 30 days after that 'last estimated date for arrival' to open a Dispute with eBay's Resolution Centre, which is at the bottom of this page.
The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller. Don’t get into a conversation.
Just ask “When was this sent? What service was used? What is the tracking number?”
Don’t get into a conversation. You want either a prompt refund OR a tracking number that shows the purchase is in Canada.
Do NOT accept a replacement. It won’t arrive.
Do NOT close the Dispute until you have the product or the refund.
If you have already attempted to Contact the Seller,  skip that step, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the 30 days have passed, go to your Paypal account.
You have 180 days from payment for this Dispute.
Find the transaction and copy the number.
The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools
Same process basically, skip the Contact Seller and escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

In future, read the feedback.
Don't buy from sellers with less than 98% positive (99% for Asian sellers)
Read the negative feedback , including seller responses, for patterns like slow or no delivery, poor communication, low quality, counterfeits.

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Hi femmefan1946, thank you so much for your detail explanation, procedure and precaution that a buyer should take. Will follow and to get my money back. Thanks again.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

.wlEmoticon { behavior: url(#default#.WLEMOTICON_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } img { behavior: url(#default#IMG_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .wlWriterEditableSmartContent { behavior: url(#default#.WLWRITEREDITABLESMARTCONTENT_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .wlWriterEditableSmartContent > .wlEditField { behavior: url(#default#.WLWRITEREDITABLESMARTCONTENT_>_.WLEDITFIELD_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } blockquote { behavior: url(#default#BLOCKQUOTE_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } #extendedEntryBreak { behavior: url(#default##EXTENDEDENTRYBREAK_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody table { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TABLE_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody td { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TD_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody th { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TH_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postTitle {margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;} .postBody {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; }

I bought IPL Hair removal system from eBay at April 6 / 2017. I added invoice at attach. When I bought it. I wrote note to seller. We are living Canada and we are using 110 volt electric system. Please if you doesn't have to 110 volt don't sent to me.

The seller sent to me and wrong items. I back to eBay i told them. They told to me. You have to contact with the seller.

I sent to email to seller but they answer to me 13 day later April 20/2017.

They told me you can use converter or we are not accept return the items.

I call eBay customer service and i explained my status. They contact with seller and the seller accept the return but they told me you will pay shipping cost to England. I said why I am paying shipping cost in my pocket. So the seller emails coming again a few days later. April 30/2017.

I call back to eBay I explained again. They told me you have to be contact with seller I said all complain they are backing late 2 different person writing different things. THEY ARE NOT GIVE TO ME RETURN ADDRESS.

After that I contact to with eBay I got address. and I search cheapest shipping cost. because I didn't use a items and wrong items i will pay in my pocket for shipping. i went to Canada post they gave me cost with the tracking number shipping cost 243 cad$ and 2 weeks. or regular shipping 27.24 cad$ it is going max 2 months. so i prefer cheapest one. if I am send to back to seller what will I do IPL I cant use.

I have receipt to Canada post i will add to attached.

I send may 5 / 2017 I gave to info to seller and eBay. I call July 5 /2017 to seller before i call eBay support many many time. they listen to me but last sentences your item went to there they gave me info after that   i can give answer to you.

i call maybe every 2 days to eBay and i sent to email my seller. eBay told me we are waiting. seller sent to me same email maybe ten times. please you sent to tracking numbers. Every time I explain if i sent to with tracking numbers i will pay 243 cad$. again sending same email. I HAVE ALL EMAILS

last time they told to me ( I will send message copy ) It is possible that the parcel was delivered to a neighbour, so it would be helpful to see when it was delivered and who signed for it if you can provide that information. I will ask the warehouse to check with neighbours to see if they received the parcel. but still waiting. i spoke with my bank i spoke with paypal I spoke eBay not answer.

i paid 624.34 cad$ plus 27.24 shipping cost

please help to me

i came Canada sep 2007. they are   understand my English not good and he is not knowing canadian rules.

every time they are earning time after that they are not pay my money back.

THANKS

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

@worrly wrote:

I was talking to a postie from AU and he said the packaging comes with a tracking number. You decide whether to purchase it and the PO activates it. So it's not fake, but not paid for. I guess beware of AU sellers unless they have good feedback.

.wlEmoticon { behavior: url(#default#.WLEMOTICON_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } img { behavior: url(#default#IMG_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .wlWriterEditableSmartContent { behavior: url(#default#.WLWRITEREDITABLESMARTCONTENT_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .wlWriterEditableSmartContent > .wlEditField { behavior: url(#default#.WLWRITEREDITABLESMARTCONTENT_>_.WLEDITFIELD_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } blockquote { behavior: url(#default#BLOCKQUOTE_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } #extendedEntryBreak { behavior: url(#default##EXTENDEDENTRYBREAK_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody table { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TABLE_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody td { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TD_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postBody th { behavior: url(#default#.POSTBODY_TH_WRITER_BEHAVIOR) } .postTitle {margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;} .postBody {margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; }

I bought IPL Hair removal system from eBay at April 6 / 2017. I added invoice at attach. When I bought it. I wrote note to seller. We are living Canada and we are using 110 volt electric system. Please if you doesn't have to 110 volt don't sent to me.

The seller sent to me and wrong items. I back to eBay i told them. They told to me. You have to contact with the seller.

I sent to email to seller but they answer to me 13 day later April 20/2017.

They told me you can use converter or we are not accept return the items.

I call eBay customer service and i explained my status. They contact with seller and the seller accept the return but they told me you will pay shipping cost to England. I said why I am paying shipping cost in my pocket. So the seller emails coming again a few days later. April 30/2017.

I call back to eBay I explained again. They told me you have to be contact with seller I said all complain they are backing late 2 different person writing different things. THEY ARE NOT GIVE TO ME RETURN ADDRESS.

After that I contact to with eBay I got address. and I search cheapest shipping cost. because I didn't use a items and wrong items i will pay in my pocket for shipping. i went to Canada post they gave me cost with the tracking number shipping cost 243 cad$ and 2 weeks. or regular shipping 27.24 cad$ it is going max 2 months. so i prefer cheapest one. if I am send to back to seller what will I do IPL I cant use.

I have receipt to Canada post i will add to attached.

I send may 5 / 2017 I gave to info to seller and eBay. I call July 5 /2017 to seller before i call eBay support many many time. they listen to me but last sentences your item went to there they gave me info after that   i can give answer to you.

i call maybe every 2 days to eBay and i sent to email my seller. eBay told me we are waiting. seller sent to me same email maybe ten times. please you sent to tracking numbers. Every time I explain if i sent to with tracking numbers i will pay 243 cad$. again sending same email. I HAVE ALL EMAILS

last time they told to me ( I will send message copy ) It is possible that the parcel was delivered to a neighbour, so it would be helpful to see when it was delivered and who signed for it if you can provide that information. I will ask the warehouse to check with neighbours to see if they received the parcel. but still waiting. i spoke with my bank i spoke with paypal I spoke eBay not answer.

i paid 624.34 cad$ plus 27.24 shipping cost

please help to me

i came Canada sep 2007. they are   understand my English not good and he is not knowing canadian rules.

every time they are earning time after that they are not pay my money back.

THANKS

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member
Always leave civil, appropriate feedback.
You'd be surprised at how fast that gets a disreputable or lazy seller's attention.

If the item disappears from your 'Purchases' page, go to the bottom of your 'Feedback Profile' page and select 'Leave Feedback'.

https://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?LeaveFeedback2
Message 36 of 38
latest reply

You added to an OLD thread from years ago -- it is best to start your own thread when you have a problem.

You can Ask a Question to other eBay Members

or

select Buyer Central http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/23003 and start a new thread clicking on the New Message link.

My sympathies for your purchase gone bad. Some comments:

(1) In the past: You should have asked the seller before buying if it would work with 110V.  If they said yes, then it would have been an Item-Not-As-Described case and the seller would have had to pay for it to be sent back.

(2) In the past. You could have bought a converter. They are fairly easy to find. Especially converters between 110V and 220V systems.

(3) In the past. You could have posted here and asked what to do. You would have been told that tracked shipping was needed for ebay/paypal protection of your purchase.

(4) Currently. You sent using the slowest method which is via surface. Even though you sent it in May, it is still possible that it has not cleared through customs in the UK. The parcel was probably not misdelivered -- it has to clear customs (and if I remember correctly) your buyer would have to pick it up (and pay VAT and duty -- unless you marked the package as a return).

(5) Now. I think you are not protected by eBay or PayPal since you returned it untracked. Your only protection is if the seller is honest (which seems unlikely).

(6) Now. If you used a credit card to fund the payment, you can check to see if they can provide any protection.

(7) Future. The package may get returned back to you from the UK if it did not get cleared through customs, and only if you included a return address on the parcel. October to December time range.

-..-

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 38 of 38
latest reply