Do Listing Policies require the Condition to be listed so it is sorted in searches?

byto253
Community Member

This is a bit of an irritating one.  When listing the options for Condition pull down menu in the category I am searching are "New" "Used: and "-" which shows up as unspecified.   There are some sellers abusing the "-" option so that their new items show up in searches that exclude new items.  It is not a big deal if there are just a few but it makes a total wreck of some searches.  This is really the case where one part is applicable for several models and the same item is listed for each model number - which is fine, but please select the new option.

I am interested in original parts, not reproductions.   

Is there a limitation on how the "unspecified" option is used, or any listing policy against abuse like this?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Do Listing Policies require the Condition to be listed so it is sorted in searches?

marnotom!
Community Member

“Unspecified” isn’t a description of the item’s condition; it’s an indication that the seller, for whatever reason, didn’t enter anything into the item description field when creating the listing.

(I know you know that.  I'm just overexplaining for the benefit of other users who may be new to this and reading your post.)

Frustrating, I realize, but at some point Karma will probably bite sellers abusing this flexibility.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply