Global Shipping Program delay

My item has been sitting at eBay's Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, KY for six days.  I'm having some difficulty getting anyone to assist.  I e-mailed Pitney Bowes but got an automated response instructing me to get help from eBay.  I e-mailed eBay but haven't received a response.   Any suggestions?  I can contact the seller but I feel bad about doing that since it isn't the seller's problem.  The seller shipped very promptly.   If there are delays at Erlanger I feel like eBay should have done a better job about informing customers about extended shipping times.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Are you tracking using the UPAAB number provided or the original tracking #

Also, I've seen items I've shipped sit 2-3 days in KY during the good times, so 6 days is longer than what I would expect, but not unexpected given what's going on right now.

Unfortunately getting prompt answers is going to be an issue right now.

Ian

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I'm tracking using the UPAAB number both through eBay and Pitney Bowes.   The original tracking number (USPS from the seller to KY) obviously shows the item has been delivered to KY.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

FYI final destination is Canada, and I think freight is moving between US and Canada, so I don't think there should be transport delays.  

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Tracking only tells you where the item was last scanned.  It's not a "realtime" GPS-type system that tells you precisely where the item when you look it up.

Without knowing what your item is and if it could be problematic to forward from the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky, I'm going to guess that your item has moved on but the scan information hasn't made it to Pitney Bowes' or eBay's database.

You could try looking your item up on here to see if there's any information that eBay hasn't already provided you:

https://tracking.pb.com/

If below the "progress meter" there's an option to "track item on carrier's website," click on that.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

It’s not that uncommon for an item to leave the depot without the tracking getting updated so that could be what's happening in your case.   It’s also not uncommon right now for things to be moving slower than usual and unfortunately contacting the seller or eBay isn’t going to make it move faster.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

su-ca51
Community Member
did yours eventually update? mine is stuck there for 5 days now and I still dont have a canadapost tracking number
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I just received something from GSP, here is what happened for me:

My UPAA number updated with a CPC tracking number, but sat there for days.

Suddenly the day of the estimated delivery, it scanned in Richmond and was delivered next day.

It seems to avoid delays with CPC, GSP might be sending trucks within the US to alternative border crossing in order to reach CPC depots that are closer to the customer's region.

I'm curious for both of you, what region are you in? If you are not in Montreal/Ontario region that might explain the delay if the trucks are traveling to a border crossing near your regions main postal processing plant.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

The border is not closed, but there are workers on both sides of the border home sick, or using vacation time to cover child care because they have kids at home to supervise and homeschool.

And at work they are doing the "pandemic polka" to stay safely distanced from their colleagues.

On top of that, the shorthanded staff have to deal with a "Christmas level" of shipments while those who cannot shop for necessities or who are just bored are ordering online.

I ordered some iron-on mending patches from the UK because the places here in Victoria that might have them are closed for the duration.

Remember Amazon, which has persuaded everyone that their purchase will be delivered by drones within 24 hours, is now infuriating suckers customers by telling them their purchase will take 30 days.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

My package was sent to GSP in 2 days. Sat in Erlanger KY since May 20th. This is second eBay order to waste time courtesy of Pitney Bowes. This is bs. If seller had shipped USPS Intl is have it in 4-5 days. I’m never buying anything from sellers using GSP for Canada. There is ZERO contact possibility for PB. GSP promised sellers the world and fails to deliver. This will be ebays downfall.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

If the shipment is past the last estimated date for delivery, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open a Not Received dispute.

FWIW, most items spend 24-48 hours in Erlanger after delivery there by USPS and are delivered to the buyer by Canada Post.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

vicyo-58
Community Member

A few weeks ago I ordered an item though eBay and watched curiously as the package worked it's way from the west coast though to mid America and up to Illinois then down to Erlanger Kentucky....The tracking showed : arrived at Erlanger, Kentucky (hooray !!) however it then showed DELIVERED (huh?...I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada...NOT Kentucky)....the next thing that happened was I actually was able to confirm the name of the person that signed for the package in Erlanger, Kentucky....I left a negative review with the seller which prompted the seller to contact Global Shipping and expedite a priority delivery to me...weeks after I ordered the item.

Thinking that situation was a one off problem I made another purchase and guess where it arrived to?: Erlanger, Kentucky (AGAIN !) and after showing it arrived there it ALSO showed Delivered 4 days ago.

Dealing with Amazon for years has been trouble free and contacting Amazon is incredibly easy.

I can't justify dealing witheBay after this and even Ali Express is a better company to deal with than eBay.

have a look at the images

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Don't worry about it. Just file an INR claim on the very first day you can, get your refund and enjoy your free item when it does arrive a few weeks later. I had a total of 6 packages that did not arrive by the deadline and were refunded by e-Bay. All 6 ended up arriving after a couple more weeks.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@vicyo-58 

Yes. Erlanger KY is where the seller sent it. And where it was supposed to be delivered.

Your seller was using the Global Shipping Program and their central plant is in Erlanger KY.
Once there, Canadian import fees (duty and sales taxes) are calculated and paid by the GSP (you paid for this when you purchased) and along with thousands of other packages your purchases were sent to Canada, usually to Canada Post's Gateway Terminal in Mississauga.

From there it is shipped to you.

The message here is.

Don't try to follow tracking. It is obviously stressful for you.

Tracking is a SELLER PROTECTION and is of no value to the buyer who pays for it.

You have a window for delivery from eBay.

When you buy, note the last day of that window on your calendar.

If there has been no delivery by then, the Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

If  the GSP cannot prove delivery to your address, you will be refunded.

For more information, read this thread.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/23003/message-id/44645

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for that information.......

The Global Shipping Program that is delivering my item (now at the last day expected) will be the sole reason why I am going to purchase  all future items through Amazon or directly from a seller. 

You are 100% right as far as causing stress and avoiding purchasing anything through eBay Canada that will be shipped from the U.S. isn't an option any longer.

Frankly , I'm almost hoping the item is lost or delivered to someone else( like the last item handled by the Global Shipping Program through Erlanger, Kentucky.) so I can get my refund and find an alternative source for my product.

I feel sorry for any seller that is left having to reverse a sale because of the Global Shipping Program.( and by the way .. Pitney Bowes is way out of their league ...)

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I feel sorry for any seller that is left having to reverse a sale because of the Global Shipping Program.

Actually, that's the Seller Protection.

If the seller gets the shipment to Erlanger, that's where her responsibility for delivery ends.

The rest of the delivery process is the responsibility of the GSP, which is run by Pitney Bowes, which has been in the mail business for a century.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

When people state that they’re going to purchase from Amazon in the future, I do wonder if they plan on purchasing from Amazon itself, Amazon sellers who have their items warehoused and shipped by Amazon, or directly by the sellers themselves. And whether these purchases will be from the US or Canada.

I also find it interesting that nobody posts that they’re going to buy their items on a retailer’s or manufacturer’s website in the future. 🤔
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I'm in a similar position now where I paid for something on 1/25/21, it landed in Erlanger on 2/1/21.  It's now 4 days into March, a week after the last expected delivery date, and the seller doesn't want to give a refund claiming it's a slow process.   Pretty sure it's not THIS slow.   eBay's site says, "High shipping volumes are causing some delays. Please allow extra time after the expected delivery date before contacting the seller to let them know that your item hasn't arrived yet".   How long is extra time??

Message 19 of 19
latest reply