Global Shipping is a scam Buyer beware

Do Buyers and shippers using global shipping know that once global shipping receives the item they own it.You have given up all rights to that item. They can do what they see fit. Restrict it and refund you then they can dispose of it as they want. Or they can ship it on to buyer. It seems when I get something scarce or totally different or a collectable it is restricted . This has happened 5 times to me. They do not have to give any reason what so ever.The latest one just today is odd.I had a shipment with DHL coming from the USA  with the same material just clear customs today NO PROBLEM AT ALL. I think  global shipping opens likes it and keeps it to make a profit

Ebay has told me it is in their terms and conditions and I agreed to it because I have an account.If I dont like it cancel my account. I have been using ebay since 2000. Boy what a difference it is not the great forum it used to be. Seriously considering not buying from ebay anymore.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you give details of the actual problem we might be able to give advice.

You should note that it is the importer/buyer's job to know if a given item can be imported, not the seller's. I was surprised many years ago when a shipment of chimney fire controls was stopped at the border. Apparently they were made too much like fireworks for the CBSA.

If your purchase was Not Received open an Item Not Received dispute in the Help & Contact below. Do NOT go to the phones, those subcontractors have no authority and are poorly trained. Stick with the robots. State that the shipment was handled by the GSP.

If they cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

GSP doesn't care. They have good insurance to cover complaints.

One caveat. If the item was deemed Undeliverable, eBay will not refund. For example if it was refused on the doorstep, or not picked up promptly from the holding point, or if the address does not exist.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The global shipping program tends to err on the side of caution when deciding what to ship. Some of the decision don't seem to make sense but I doubt that it is because they 'want' the item.  They simply don't want to export/import anything that may not be allowed.  As frustrating as this can be, it isn't a scam and the buyer does get refunded.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

They simply don't want to export/import anything that may not be allowed. 

I would add that it may not be that the item may not be permitted into Canada, but that the carriers handling these shipments may have some restrictions and/or there may be some insurance issues at play, particularly with collectibles.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply