Global shipping center no Canada label

Hey all... is there a way to contact someone about a package delayed? It’s due today but has been at global shipping centre since June 26 with no updates, no Canada Post tracking. Does Canada Post always provide updates on this side of the border or is it still there?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

There seems to be a lot of delays lately including with the gsp.   I've heard of some situations where the buyer didn't get any new information once the package arrived in Kentucky until the day or day before the package to delivered to their home. I don't know if that's the case in your situation but I would suggest to wait a couple of weeks.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
I suggest giving the item another couple of weeks as well. The delivery estimates on the listing page aren’t taking the COVID situation into consideration, so many shipments—no matter how they’re being sent—are arriving outside of the estimated timeframe.

Also keep in mind that your item may no longer be at the Global Shipping Center and simply has no other scan data on it.

Having said that, sometimes you can get a bit more information on your GSP-forwarded item (including a link to tracking the item on the carriers website) on one of Pitney Bowes’ tracking pages, using the “UPAA” ID code:

https://parceltracking.pb.com
https://tracking.pb.com/
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The GSP has always been a flawed system, it's the Covid 19 crisis that just makes the flaws that more obvious. I too am awaiting a package from the USA, after having a previous order cancelled when it arrived at Erlanger , KY. The lack of accurate, up to date tracking just makes the long delays that more anxiety provoking. Once an item arrives at the GSP hub it seems to be absorbed into a black hole, and adequate tracking via the Ebay Canada site is non existent. Thanks for posting the tracking info you did
marnotom! its very helpful
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thanks everyone! I figured this was the case but was just curious as to others experience. This is also a US package. I’ll hang tight.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Once the shipment reaches the GSP plant the USPS number is no longer valid, and you should have been given a UPAxxxxx number.

https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

is how you can track that number.

GSP usually uses Canada Post, but have been known to sub-contract to CanPar, FedEx and (shudder) Apple  for Canadian delivery.  All use the UPA number for tracking.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

GSP is also now using Intelcom for Canadian delivery. First time they delivered an ebay package to me, as they usually only do Amazon. It went much smoother than Canada Post.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@jdj53 wrote:

GSP is also now using Intelcom for Canadian delivery.

Intelcom Express has locations in parts of 4  provinces.

Alberta: Calgary, Cold Lake, Edson, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lloydminster, Red Deer

British Columbia: Castlegar, Kamloops, Kelowna, Langley, Prince Georges, Victoria

Quebec: Drummondville, Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, St-Hyacinthe, Trois-Rivieres, Victoriaville

Ontario: Brantford, Cambridge, London, Ottawa, St. Catharines

Delivery people use their own vehicle and own smartphone.

The joys and tribulations of subcontract work.

-..-

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

As long as they get the packages delivered, I don’t care if they use Pony Express....LOL They are using small vans with Intelcom on the side here in London.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If your package has cleared customs but you cannot find which carrier it belongs to in Canada, that is because it hasn't been assigned one yet.  Not Canada Post, nor Intelcom, nor Purolator etc etc can track your package with reference numbers if they haven''t been assigned to pick up the package. It won't be in their computer system. The UA number belongs to Pitney Bowes and they are done with the package as soon as it crosses to Canada. Sometimes there are delays in Customs. Then sometimes Purolator or someone gets assigned the package but then they are so busy that they subcontract out to smaller companies like Intelcom etc. There may never be a way to track it in Canada, rest assured it will simply show up late. It's actually waiting in a big bin somewhere. Meanwhile, get a refund through Ebay! Bummer I know, but don't cause yourself more stress about it. Not worth the heart attack 🙂

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

GSP shipments are pre-cleared in Kentucky, so there should be no delay in customs.

If there is a UPA number, GSP got it, processed it and sent it on its way. PB/GSP does not have its own trucks and shipments are sub-contracted to get them to the border/handover.

Keep in mind TRACKING IS A SELLER PROTECTION.

It does nothing for buyers and even might slow down shipping since it requires labour to record it at each step... mostly bar codes and computers but still.

You as a BUYER are covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee, for 30 days from the LAST estimated date for delivery.

Which was Friday.

If it has not arrived by Tuesday (allowing for pandemic slowdowns) go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open a Not Received dispute, and state that the shipping was handled by the GSP.\If they cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Bonus.

If the item is delivered after you are refunded, the GSP does not want it back. And the seller, who is the almost* innocent party in all this, will not be affected by the late delivery and the refund.

* Almost, because he did choose an expensive and slow delivery service which protects him but does you no good.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread from July -- hopefully the OP has it delivered or refunded by now.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply